Upgrading to Melodyne 5

msmcleod

This is not a Cakewalk problem. You likely have an incorrect melodyne 5 install.
Its not necessary to manually install the VST3 plugin. The Celemony installer should automatically do it. In fact they only support the VST3 as of V5 as far as I know.
The first thing to check is to create a region effect on a NEW project. If that is making a region effect with the old version of melodyne then you have the old melodyne installed for sure. The VST3 is normally found here C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne.

Please don't manually copy files since that is not recommended. Run the uninstaller for Melodyne and after that make sure you install the latest version they sent you in the default locations. If you still have problems contact Celemony support and they will help you out.

• Thanks 1

Don't ever fight Celemonys/Melodynes origin installation direction ("C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne\Melodyne.vst3")
I have almost all my VSTs (50 or 100) in a specific directory stored - seems like Celemony don't wants me to do that...
Hmm, now Melodyne 5 is a  VST3 "Pitch Shift Plug-In"! No more Rewire and no chance to get it into Synthrack, where I once had it.

Melody.PNG.529317c8dcd999b409d817e8eb24394c.PNG

More and more I understand that VST3 is one step back compared to VST2! I have listed the disadvantages for me and the list gets longer and longer! 😄 Besides that some VST3 plugins cannot be relocated it is very annoying that each program that uses VST plugins has to scan all VST3 plugins, i.e. FX and instrument plugins, although a lot of programs like wave editors almost never need instruments, stupid definition! This was easy to handle with VST2 though (I have an FX and an instrument location that can be included in each program/DAW). Also preset handling is a real chaos in VST3's or in the programs using the plugins! And there is a lot more ...

On the other hand there are much more regressions in the 21st century! Fxxx! I'm getting old!!!

It is a good thing I read this. Otherwise, I would have lost my license. I am not moving to Windows 10 yet. I am giving Microsoft more time to sort themselves out. they have been sending out buggy updates after updates. 

Thank you for sharing this!

Yes it is true.

Yesterday I wanted to use a Dimension Pro istance using my keyboard, but I didn't hear anything.

With the last update Microsot messed me up the soft synth options dialog and I found that midi source option was not checked.

Damn.