Latest Windows update wreck the NI Komplete Kontrol hardware control system!

Øyvind Skald

I had to roll back today. Seems to work again now. What happened is that after a Window Update, no app could see the Keyboard for more than a MIDI keyboard.

But a quick rollback with the System Restore tool fixed it.

Trying to reinstall today to see if that was the case and not that I installed a new cooler and something there wrecked NI KK hardware control.

1814826805_WindowUpdate13_02_2019.png.b66f1e6470b37f86c410b44185fc0941.png

Edited by ØSkald

Answer from  NI

Hi,

the Windows 10 Updates KB4487017 and KB4487044 from February 12th, 2019 block certain NI hardware devices from being recognized.

Please see the following Knowledge Base article:

My KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Best,

Michi

My KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboard Is Not Recognized after Updating Windows 10

Symptom

After installing a Windows 10 Update, the following devices are no longer recognized:

• TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2
  • MASCHINE STUDIO
  • KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 (all models)

Cause

The Windows 10 Updates KB4487017 and KB4487044 from February 12th, 2019 block certain NI hardware devices from being recognized. 

Solution

We are currently investigating the issue. In the meantime, uninstalling the Windows updates KB4487017 and KB4487044 will restore functionality of the affected devices.

Windows 10 allows you to roll back to your previous Windows version within 10 days after the update has been installed. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + 'I' in order to open the Windows Settings and choose the Update & security option:
  2. Open the Windows Update tab and click the View update history link:
  3. Click Uninstall Updates on the View update history screen:
  4. On the following Uninstall an update screen, select the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4487017) and click Uninstall:
  5. On the same screen, also select Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4487044) and click Uninstall.

Edited by ØSkald

• 4 weeks later...