CbyB Volume Sliders & Kontakt Volume

T on Y

When volume slider in CbyB is full its at -6db in Kontakt I know how to change it in the instrument options so that it covers the full range of the volume slider in Kontakt but have'nt found a reliable way of recalling it  without saving the instrument in Kontakt which resaves all the sample and can take a while (seems a bit extreme) plus Im not sure it worked every time anyway.

Am I missing something in Kontackt? 

Or is there a way of sending sysex, midi CC, Expeliamus spells, from CbyB to Kontakt to change the setting  ?

So.…..

Midi track output set to midi channel input in kontakt so holds midi data of notes being played. The volume slider of that track when at max only takes volume of Kontakt instrument to half way (Correction its 0db not -6). If you set Kontakt manually to desired volume it reverts back when play is pressed.

The instruments 'Instrument' option allows that to be changed so CbyB slider covers the whole volume range (i.e. up to +12db)  but the setting is not saved when the project is saved

Edited by T on Y

I have the same issue and it has bothered me for years...what I always do is right click on the fader and assign it to my midi Behringer x-touch mini...then re save the Kontact file.  I know you wanted to avoid that.

I'm going to look into CosmicDolphin's solution...I did not realize that was an option. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo 88 said:

I have the same issue and it has bothered me for years...what I always do is right click on the fader and assign it to my midi Behringer x-touch mini...then re save the Kontact file.  I know you wanted to avoid that.

I'm going to look into CosmicDolphin's solution...I did not realize that was an option. 

Please read my post. All you need to do is click on the wrench icon for the instrument you're working with, and uncheck accept standard controllers for volume and pan

Edited by S.L.I.P.