Just One Way

Leadfoot

That slide dobro seems very authentic, love it!!! 

I really like the instrumentation choices. I'm thinking the wide-panned 12 string? acoustic might be creating a mix issue? I don't know what effects you have on those? Listen to the beat at 1:11, and I'm thinking something is dragging the tuning of that acoustic a bit flat? I can't tell. It's pretty close, could just be my ears today.

The drums are another highlight, great performance / programming and I think they are mixed well. Your vocals are ver solid as well!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Thanks for checking it out guys! As far as that 12 string, it's very sensitive to fret pressure, so it's probably in the actual recording. I noticed it myself, but as the song came together I just kinda let it go. There's also a second resonator track that may be highlighting it a little. But this is one of those rare times where I'm just gonna let it go and move on to the next one. Thanks for the input guys!

On 5/31/2020 at 1:45 PM, bjornpdx said:

Wasn't sure what kind of guitar that is. Slide dobro as mentioned by Tom above? Anyway, it sounds great. Really makes the song IMO.

I was playing a brass bodied resonator for the slide parts. Glad you like it! Thanks for listening!

rzydcoll2s5yxdnsujuv.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, SteveC said:

Loved it...    Somewhere between classic Zep vibe and newer blues artists like Kenny Wayne Sheppard.   Overall, I think Jimmy Page would be proud of this one. 

Wow! High praise indeed (although undeserved)! Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment! I'm glad you liked it!

Great song!! Loved the intro, that got me going right off the bat. Then when it got stepped up... that was a great way to come in.

Loved the mix. Listening to it on my old home PC speakers. Translated well I think. Everything seemed even and balanced.

Vocal performance was top notch! Loved that emotion toward the end. And I can definitely relate to the lyrics! Been down that road.

Guitar playing was great. Lead was another outstanding mark. 

On second listen I can hear the Zep influences the others mentioned. But through the first listen I didn't cathc that mostly because your vocals give the song it's unique vibe. Well done Leadfoot.

• Like 1

I liked this a lot.
People talk about Zepplin...  but I haven't much listened  to that type of music so cant comment on that influence.
Something sounds a little out of tune,.. dont know what it is...  but I believe thats a good thing.
It somehow makes you listen to the track more closely.
We must remember that we are mixers and I believe the "average guy in the street" wouldn't notice that anyway. 
Great vocals too and not forgetting the lyrics.
Loved it!

• Like 1