[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.05 Early Access 2

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

Do you use sidechaining in your project? I started getting crashes if I try to load T-Racks 5 suite into project, it started right after I created few sidechain sends with sonitus comp. Cakewalk 2020.04. I would hope for a progress but will wait until finish the project.

No Side Chaining

Added a midi track tonight. Tried to choose the instrument. Midi instrument definitions all gone.  Can not add them back grayed out. Names of my MOTU channnels all gone.

please help -

Where is the file location for these?  I could restore them from a backup,

Thanksn

Max Arwood

It may not be here, but it has not been fixed so I will post it to EA2.
A bug in the display of the Arranger section.
In Japanese environment, characters are displayed outside the window frame.
Others may be outside the frame, but not all have been found.

arranger.jpg.6712003941b004f7bdf393ae9b8d2f63.jpg

I haven't read all the posts. I'm sorry if there are duplicates.

* This sentence is a Google translation.

2 hours ago, Toy said:

A bug in the display of the Arranger section.
In Japanese environment, characters are displayed outside the window frame.
Others may be outside the frame, but not all have been found.

arranger.jpg.6712003941b004f7bdf393ae9b8d2f63.jpg

I checked this dialog window height problem that will occur when language setting is Japanese and I could find some below. These dialog windows don't have height enough. It's caused by adding "Arranger" as a selection item.

• Edit > Cut Special...
  • Edit > Copy Special...
  • Edit > Delete Special...
  • Project > Insert Time/Measures...

8 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Added a midi track tonight. Tried to choose the instrument. Midi instrument definitions all gone.  Can not add them back grayed out. Names of my MOTU channnels all gone.

please help -

Where is the file location for these?  I could restore them from a backup,

Thanksn

Max Arwood

It sounds like your master.ins has somehow got corrupted.

It's located in %APPDATA%Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

So over the weekend I had uninstalled Cakewalk and reinstalled it. It was sitting on its default settings since saturday. Today, I then decided - seeing that my DAW sits on default settings, let me do a clean install of my OS. So now I'm currently busy installing everything back on it.

I know this might be to late for this release, but maybe in the next update or later in the year -- can we get the track "Insert Audio FX Layout tab" to work with the mouse wheel to sroll up and down, when it has reach the screen display limit? Both in Track view and Browser view,  when moving plugins from the "uncategorized folder" to a category folder (Browser only.)

Right now to scroll up or down you have to do by left click. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

I did restore points two different ones.  No Help.  Restored  Macrium backup from 06-01.  no help.  Backup software trashed older versions for lack of space - What bad timing.  Copied several old versions of .ins to new version.  MOTU seems to have all the input channels but only 1 output channel.  I reinstalled the MOTU drivers -  several versions.  Did a hardware reset on the MOTU.  Still nothing.  How can I tell if its hardware of Software?  Where does Cakewalk store the friendly names of the midi drivers?  Where does cakewalk get the information from windows about the number of channels?  Also My Tranzport control surface is missing in cakrwalk but is loaded in the too but .   I don't think this is Beta version related. My machine was running the best is had run in years just the other day.

*****((Could someone move this to the proper place for help)).*********

MOTU MIDI Express 128 5yrs old . Any ideas would. be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Max Arwood

HI:)

EA 1 was OK, but EA 2 has extremely long load, project loads fast then. 

After load doesn't matter what I do, it crashes without any notification!

I'm trying rollback now and edit post........

Bassman.

EDIT: Rollback didn't help, I installed "full" Version 2020.04 Build 179 and all is fine again!

Waiting for the official .05 Release....

Got no error, just crash so I can't send any dump file, sorry. Trying again EA 1, then EA 2 --> let's see:)

EDIT 2: After installing 2020.04 I installed directly EA 2, restarted Windows and now all is working as expected! 

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
Install Try

Good morning to all,

Since I installed the early access 1 when I export my audio file as an mp3, I get an error:

"Error updating LAME tag frame: Can't open file for reading and writing"

The weird part is that the mp3 file is fully created, and when I click on it the complete song is there!

I thought Early Access 2 might solve this, but no.....

1 hour ago, scook said:

The production version has been released but there is problem with delivery of the upgrade. They are aware of the problem and are working the issue now.

Thanks scook...

I was about to post a question of this issue too...