2020.05 Feedback

hi guys I am getting hard crashes were I have to do a hard shut down  this is running jam origin vianna vcl a couple of plugins now windows 2004 failed for me so I don't know if this is the problem but how do you roll back from 5 update to earlier updates thanks eric

3 hours ago, eric chevrier said:

hi guys I am getting hard crashes were I have to do a hard shut down  this is running jam origin vianna vcl a couple of plugins now windows 2004 failed for me so I don't know if this is the problem but how do you roll back from 5 update to earlier updates thanks eric

If your getting Hard crashes then you can submit a crash dump to see if it is Cakewalk or one of your plugins.

I don't know how to roll-back but if you look above in this same thread there are others who have asked the same question and were somehow able to roll-back. Maybe it was from a pre-release version?

thanks for responding I found midi dumps but no current date as per today I had 5 crashes could not even get the start window key to get me to restart I check jam origin and they said bandlab works great with it I downloaded the rollback update 4 ill see what happens with that you would think there would be a dump file !!! what happens suddenly I get this white hazy scene then I have to do a hard shutdown thanks for your help guys eric

hi guys  I did 2 things I rolled back bandlab update 4 and I did a system restore june 30th and so far no crashes this is a new ssd drive its a fairly new fresh install so that date was the closes to the fresh install and jam origin is working great so far update five was acting strange at times I know windows 2004 failed for me so maybe the two are the problem!!! thanks eric  

Im having so many issues I am at my wits end. Heres my rig. Windows 10, Intel 8700k, 16GB of 3200mhz RAM, Samsung SSD, Presonus Firestudio Mobile, Presonus Faderport

I am getting playback glitches, even on exported files no matter what I try. I have every program closed, disabled every device possible, ran the buffer up to 4096 samples (as high as it goes) put the Firestudio on Safe Mode, frozen every single track, turned off my wifi adapter. Everything is up to date. I ran Latency Mon and everything looks very good.

I get hard crashes as well. Two this evening. One was for Cakewalk.exe and the other was vcruntime140.dll

I dont really know what else to do. 

Well I reinstalled windows and now Cakewalk won't install at all.  Running Bandlab assistant as an admin it just says "Downloading... (0/1)" for an amount of time and then just stops and returns to the Install button. Can confirm its downloading via Task Manager. Tried reinstalling the assistant multiple times, turning off antivirus, updated windows. Nothing.

1 hour ago, Andy Hooper said:

Well I reinstalled windows and now Cakewalk won't install at all.  Running Bandlab assistant as an admin it just says "Downloading... (0/1)" for an amount of time and then just stops and returns to the Install button. Can confirm its downloading via Task Manager. Tried reinstalling the assistant multiple times, turning off antivirus, updated windows. Nothing.

Have a look in the download folder Bandlab Assistant is using, see below. Do you see any temporary files created there?

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

I copy setup files from there and keep as a backup.

3 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Have a look in the download folder Bandlab Assistant is using, see below. Do you see any temporary files created there?

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

I copy setup files from there and keep as a backup.

Thanks for the help but I was leaving the house so I started it ONE LAST TIME and I just got back and it successfully downloaded. I have no clue why but at least it worked finally.

• Like 1

I've installed CbB on a fair amount of systems now and, more often than not, the initial download doesn't show the progress bar correctly, so if there's anything slowing the download down (for whatever reason) it just looks like the download has failed. Any subsequent updates work correctly though.

It's a shame Bandlab Assistant is so... quirky because it doesn't give a great representation for how solid CbB is for the great majority of people.

• Like 1

The 2020.05 release was my introduction to Cakewalk, since I just started using it this summer. It has been very smooth for me and has hardly ever crashed, and it works great! Even now that I have 259 plugins LOL! 😛

I also got a brand new laptop this summer and that is where I installed Cakewalk. I don't know if this means anything. I'm just surprised how people have crazy amounts of problems and I don't 😛

I have had crashes that seem to be caused by a plugin that is being wierd.  One time I had a strange thing where I got multiple start position stylus's ( not sure what the official name of that thing is) only one of them could be moved. I had to restart cakewalk to get rid of them. Overall I have been loving cakewalk, wish I could say the same about all my plugins, they seem to be a constant source of trouble.

Yesterday cakewalk would not output sound, it made a thump noise each time I hit play. One of my synth tracks meters was frozen in a maxed out position so I think this was caused by a plugin synth. I'm using fishman tripleplay vest host, they say it has not been tested in cakewalk.

Edited by kurt soderquist
More info