AudioSnap and time signatures

Patrick Azzarello

Question

I'm working on creating a tempo map with Audiosnap (transcribing a tune) and I'm having some troubles with it. While I found workarounds for some, I'm wondering how I can handle time signatures that change. While most of the tune is in 4/4, there are a couple of spots where they go to a 3/4 bar. I can change the project, but the AudioSnap doesn't change, and that makes it much more difficult to keep track of where I'm at and it also seems to mess with the time extraction which then seems to cause issues with AudioSnap. 

The problems don't seem to be consistent, but when I remove the 3/4 bar the problems pretty much go away (except for some crashing, but at least its the app and not the PC). 

I watched a couple of tutorials on AudioSnap and they helped, but none talked about changing time signatures. 

Any pointers would be appreciated - 

Pat

1 answer to this question

Found a solution to a problem I'm finding where the AudioSnap pointers aren't setting correctly

I probably should record and post something about this for others: 

The snaps only "set" when the pointer is turned red. In many cases moving the pointer to the transient marker does not turn the pointer (the triangle in the audio snap header) red.

To get around this, you may have to move the pointer (triangle) significantly away from the current position, crossing other beats, and then moving it back and releasing it over the target marker. 

I've avoided doing this before as it has sometimes caused CW to crash, but seems to be a viable workaround now. 

• Like 1