Removing Sonar Lingering Remnants

Hello All

I tried for the last time to get V-Vocal and Pentagon I to work in CW. I'd like to keep them in the tool belt if I could, but I don't need them enough to spend any more time trying to get them to work.

So, how do I remove V-Vocal from appearing in my region FX list and how do I remove Pentagon I from my soft synth/sampler list? I think I get rid of Pentagon I from my vst plug in manager, but not sure.

Any help is appreciated! 

I don't really think there is much reason to remove them. I still have them too as I always install bare bones 8.5, X3 then Splat. I have never used V vocal ( or Melodyne) and I don't even think about them. I have used Drum Replacer a few times. But I could never get V Vocal or Melodyne to work so I just leave them be. 

And I must have a dozen VST instruments I never use. They too cause no issues. I just looked and I don't see Pentagon. I guess I don't check the box during my custom installs of the old versions. 

5 hours ago, scook said:

Both may be unregistered using regsvr32

I am curious though, what is the problem with Pentagon I?

I get a cryptic error message that it's corrupted or not installed correctly. I'll post a screenshot when I'm back in studio.

Thanks for the unregister tip. That's how I've been trying to register the dll's. I didn't realize that's how you get rid of them appearing in CW.

11 hours ago, John Vere said:

I don't really think there is much reason to remove them. I still have them too as I always install bare bones 8.5, X3 then Splat. I have never used V vocal ( or Melodyne) and I don't even think about them. I have used Drum Replacer a few times. But I could never get V Vocal or Melodyne to work so I just leave them be. 

And I must have a dozen VST instruments I never use. They too cause no issues. I just looked and I don't see Pentagon. I guess I don't check the box during my custom installs of the old versions. 

Just to unclutter my UI.

Melodyne has been sketchy ever since a couple of CW updates ago, but if I re-analyze the audio I can get it to work well. Haven't needed V-Vocal since I use Melodyne.

13 minutes ago, razor7music said:

I get a cryptic error message that it's corrupted or not installed correctly.

There is an easy fix for this.

It is a permissions issue.

Right-click on

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\rgc:audio Software\Dxi\Pentagon I

and give Users "Full Control" like this -

FfDNVeu.png

If Pentagon is visible to CbB there is no need to mess with regsvr32. The plug-in is registered. This happens with all bundled DX plug-ins at install time.

The typical problem with Pentagon occurs when trying to add it to a project

5cFTsGi.png

The fix is to give Users "Full Control" in  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\rgc:audio Software\Dxi\Pentagon I  as shown in image above

There is no need to mess with anything else.

Alternately running CbB as administrator works too but changing the one entry in the registry is all that is really needed.

The last regsvr32 error seems to indicate the command may have been issued with no quotes around a path containing spaces. Like

regsvr32 /u c:\program files\somepath\somefile.dll

instead of

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\somepath\somefile.dll"

Command line tools use spaces to parse input. To minimize these types of errors, I like to use regsvr32 in the folder containing the dll.

But again. the usual solution to getting Pentagon working has nothing to do with regsvr32. That part is done properly at install time unless one receives the DLL/OCX error during install mentioned in the thread below.

11 hours ago, scook said:

If Pentagon is visible to CbB there is no need to mess with regsvr32. The plug-in is registered. This happens with all bundled DX plug-ins at install time.

The typical problem with Pentagon occurs when trying to add it to a project

5cFTsGi.png

The fix is to give Users "Full Control" in  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\rgc:audio Software\Dxi\Pentagon I  as shown in image above

There is no need to mess with anything else.

Alternately running CbB as administrator works too but changing the one entry in the registry is all that is really needed.

The last regsvr32 error seems to indicate the command may have been issued with no quotes around a path containing spaces. Like

regsvr32 /u c:\program files\somepath\somefile.dll

instead of

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\somepath\somefile.dll"

Command line tools use spaces to parse input. To minimize these types of errors, I like to use regsvr32 in the folder containing the dll.

But again. the usual solution to getting Pentagon working has nothing to do with regsvr32. That part is done properly at install time unless one receives the DLL/OCX error during install mentioned in the thread below.

I checked the permissions in the folder security settings. I'll check it in the registry.

Thanks!

Edited by razor7music

8 hours ago, scook said:

The Pentagon problem is strictly a registry issue.

The program was never modified to allow for security changes made in Vista.

That totally worked!! Thanks!

Somewhere in the troubleshooting process V-Vocal was fixed too. I did so many things I don't know which one worked, but thanks again!!

On 5/29/2020 at 8:39 AM, scook said:

The Pentagon problem is strictly a registry issue.

The program was never modified to allow for security changes made in Vista.

BTW @scook -- Any idea if this might also be why z3ta won't load? Do you know where the default location of those reg keys are?

Edited by razor7music