Bandlab Assistant stays white Screen, Bandlab couldn't solve it

Daigo Kawai

Question

Hey guys.

I need you help with Bandlab white screen issue. 

I have contacted the support, but all to no avail.

Bandlab assistant opens then white screen. Nothing happens, and I can't download.

I have followed every step by the support, then I tried numerous things.

• BIO update
  • Revisiting IP setting
  • Disabling Windows Defender, temporarily and permanently
  • Safe Mode
  • Updating all Drivers
  • Uninstalling all programs(Sonar itself) then the latest Bandlab Assistant then unstalling the bandlab assistant and reinstalling then uninstalling (infinity loop)
  • Reparing Windows redistributable stuff

my PC spec is Windows 10 64 bit 32GB.

I use Sonar professionally and I am currently only stuck with Pro Tools,

My VC-700 is making a sad face at me.

I really need to start opening the program and working. Can anybody help?

12 answers to this question

I'm no beginner, Of course I did that. Just imagine I tried everything they've mentioned yet all to no avail.

What's the option here? Just abandon Sonar? Like the customer support said there is nothing they can do? I've been using sonar and cool edit more than 20 years now, and I can't open any legacy files now? That's highly unlikely.

I'm very frustrated by this. 

Edited by Daigo Kawai

There has to be something on your Windows installation that is causing this.  I have never had these issues.

On a properly configured and installed Windows PC, Bandlab Assistant should just work without any issues.

This sounds like something that is only going to be resolved by delving deep into the Windows configuration.

Other than reformatting and reinstalling Windows,  do you have a friend experienced in PCs that can help you with this with this (even if they can remote in).

I am not planning to reinstall the PC, as it was working perfectly fine before.

Again, I am no beginner. well experienced with PC. I have checked regedit, services, anything that possibly could affect this.

Nothing so far, and I can't reconfigure the studio PC at the moment.

@Daigo Kawai,

Do you presently have an earlier version of BandLab Assistant and Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) installed on your computer?  I guess what I'm asking is, are you performing a new install on a fresh computer or are you updating from an earlier install?

When you removed the offending BandLab Assistant from the computer did you use the Windows Programs uninstall feature or file explorer and delete?

@EGO ODDS, Please start a new thread.  It is confusing when two users are trying to get their problem solved in one thread.

I understand your reluctance to reinstall Windows, but I doubt you can rely on the fact that your Windows installation used to work fine to rule out any Windows issue. A possible kludge that might work with less extreme effort would be to create a new user account and try to do a fresh install of Bandlab on that account. Another would be to image your existing installation then do a repair install over the original.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

1 hour ago, Gyczi said:

mine is showing blank and i just started using this pc (window 7) and im a beginner, pls i need help

The latest version of Bandlab Assistant is 6.2.0

Download the latest installer from here https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

Make sure the Bandlab Assistant process is not running before installing.  Go to Task Manager and make sure Bandlab Assistant is not listed under "Processes"

So uninstalled the Bandlab Assistant for the first time yesterday (Sunday, June 13th) and I have been having issues with the Bandlab Assistant. 

When I open the Bandlab Assistant to try to install Cakewalk from there, I just get a completely blank Assistant and then it just closes itself.

I have tried to install multiple times from the website to hopefully fix this but no dice. I tried YouTube but so far other than giving me older files which contain some goodies, that YouTuber isn't helpful whatsoever.  

If someone can help figure out why my Bandlab Assistant is blank and why it's closing itself (closing itself like clicking "X" to close the window from your computer), I would be very grateful. 

Please help and thank you to whoever helps me.

Edit: I am installing the Bandlab Assistant for the first time and a brand new computer with 64 bit and 12 gb of ram with 512 ssd I think.

Edited by Music Meister