Plugin Alliance free maintenance update (inc. scalable GUIs for several plugins)

trager

here we go this was during beta , don't share this guyz since this might not be the final stuff 

This Maintenance Update affects a big subset of Plugin Alliance products and brings many bug fixes and improvements.

Brands / Products that have been updated

Maintenance Update 02.20

• ACME Audio

• A/DA

• Ampeg

• Black Box Analog Design

• Brainworx Audio (except for bx_console SSL 9000 J)

• Chandler Limited

• Dangerous Music

• Diezel Amps

• elysia (except for Phil's Cascade)

• ENGL

• Maag Audio

• Millennia

• Noveltech Audio

• Pro Audio DSP

• Purple Audio

• Shadow Hills Industries

• SPL (except for Hawkeye)

• Vertigo Sound

Support changes

• Qualified for use with Windows 10 2004 Update (ongoing)

• Removed builds for SPL Attacker (successor is SPL Attacker Plus)

General Fixes and Improvements

• VST3: Fixed potential hangs in a DAW upon loading

• Fixed logical issues in undo / redo behavior

• Fixed UI resizing issues in Ableton Live on Windows

• Fixed audio processing initialization issues on amp and delay products

Acme Opticom XLA-3

• Fixed small quirk in PT automation highlighting of mono variant

bx_console SSL 4000 E / G

• Improved metering behavior

bx_console N

bx_console Focusrite SC

• Fixed high frequency artifact that could occur on some signals

bx_console SSL 4000 G & E

• Fixed possible compression misbehavior at 192k sample rate

bx_digital V3

bx_masterdesk

• Added scalable UI feature

bx_oberhausen

• Fixed mod wheel when used via mod matrix

bx_rooMS

• Fixed reverb type being lost when moving instances to other slots

bx_townhouse Buss Compressor

elysia alpha compressor

• Fixed potential audio processing for quiet signals

Maag Magnum-K

• Fixed possible DC pop at rendering audio

Pro Audio DSP DSM V3

Purple Audio MC 77

• Fixed issues with DC signal

SPL DrumXchanger

• Improved parameter smoothing for gains and Mix

SPL IRON

SPL Transient Designer Plus

Vertigo VSC-2

• Added plugin toolbar

Vertigo VSM-3

• Added plugin toolbar

• Thanks 6

Just now, cclarry said:

I just went to the installer and reinstalled everything.  Much faster,
Frank said

problem is to then uninstall... you lose them in te uninsatl in windows , nope ?

Just now, Zo said:

ahahahah true ;) but i like easy ones ....

I much prefer "easy" install....I can hit the button and go about my business...
and I will rarely uninstall, rather than download each package in go through
the install process 100 times, just for the ability to uninstall?  I can go to the 
VST Folders if I want later and delete them...much easier to me!

• Like 1

I am disappointed... Adding scalable GUI for ALL plugins don't require so much effort as they have only few fixed values and are not really scalable (what is ok for me).

So probably the 'hardest'  thing is to prepare 5 different size  pictures sets for all plugins (not that it would be nice to have it in design like license register support/checking etc).

Just few plugins updated with possibility to scale and many still hard to see on smaller screens   😞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I am disappointed... Adding scalable GUI for ALL plugins don't require so much effort as they have only few fixed values and are not really scalable (what is ok for me).

So probably the 'hardest'  thing is to prepare 5 different size  pictures sets for all plugins (not that it would be nice to have it in design like license register support/checking etc).

Just few plugins updated with possibility to scale and many still hard to see on smaller screens   😞

Baby steps....gotta save things for later updates...LOL

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Baby steps....gotta save things for later updates...LOL

Seems so :) I know I am little impatient :)

Every update from PA I am expecting scalable'ish GUI for ALL and completely redesigned cabs loader for ALL amps which is the most terrible ever seen :)

But every little child does know not to use in GUI design such windows control like drop-down list for longer lists. Especially with risk to be longer  than screen height...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Hahaha, ok, won't do! ;);)

Lol just because it was during beta so maybe some things have been added or  taling off ... so i don t want people to think it s the official PA readme ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

It s not so ezsy Piotr , if they didn t had extra pixels at first you need to redo the gui with high res for zoom or you will end up like mc dsp joke ...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Piotr said:

Everything requires little effort if it's not you who needs to do it 😅

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zo said:

It s not so ezsy Piotr , if they didn t had extra pixels at first you need to redo the gui with high res for zoom or you will end up like mc dsp joke ...

I am aware they need to prepare additional 4 sets for every GUI but the rest (like resize, switch picts etc is already in Windows API). 

I assume (maybe I am wrong) they have dedicated person(s) for graphic preparation. It is not so challenging for skilled person even if they didn't predicted it on beginning.

Nowadays not only sound tools are very powerful ;) 

3 hours ago, Toffo said:

Everything requires little effort if it's not you who needs to do it 😅

Well, maybe it is not bad idea to ask plugin owners for help with graphic files preparation in return for some voucher or so if they lack of men power  ? ;)

I bet there are plenty of very skilled about graphic processing guys between us :)

• Like 2

At one point in life I swore I would never ever get PA plugins. Now I realize I have 24...
(ok, 2 more but they are 32 bit and getting the installers is a pain, I don't use 32 bit plugins anyway).

Anyway I downloaded all the installers, installed one by one, opened Reaper, activated them all with one single action.
Lo and behold it was a GREAT surprise to see almost all of them (23 of them, except Deverb (not Pro or whatever) had a better size, text included.
That all guitar amps could have the cabinet bypassed (although I fear it was always the case?) I wonder if you can use only the cabs. Or just bypass the amps.
And that some could be rescaled (I learned not to say resize, as I just learned with Superior Drummer 3 that you can resize and RESCALE, I just got SD3 in a deal, couldn't be happier) so now Vertigo, Focusrite (was way big), SPL Iron now looks MASSIVE! Yay.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

At one point in life I swore I would never ever get PA plugins. Now I realize I have 24...
(ok, 2 more but they are 32 bit and getting the installers is a pain, I don't use 32 bit plugins anyway).

Anyway I downloaded all the installers, installed one by one, opened Reaper, activated them all with one single action.
Lo and behold it was a GREAT surprise to see almost all of them (23 of them, except Deverb (not Pro or whatever) had a better size, text included.
That all guitar amps could have the cabinet bypassed (although I fear it was always the case?) I wonder if you can use only the cabs. Or just bypass the amps.
And that some could be rescaled (I learned not to say resize, as I just learned with Superior Drummer 3 that you can resize and RESCALE, I just got SD3 in a deal, couldn't be happier) so now Vertigo, Focusrite (was way big), SPL Iron now looks MASSIVE! Yay.

yep spl iron is like 1;1 with the rack unit lol on my screen ahahah  

• Haha 3