Several Waves Updates

cclarry

I have all the current abbey road plugins WUP until Dec 2020, I also have mercury, but due to funds WUP ran out about a month ago for mercury.

However when I go to update abbey road tg mastering chain it also selects those updates from mercury.

image.png.d7ac73417ca907e72f69615b27a384b7.png

Image3.thumb.jpg.560c86d1695e172426128809b276992a.jpg

If I update it will overwrite my current licences of the  mercury plugins. There is no way I can just select abbey road tg mastering chain. Whats the point of having WUP if you cant update. It`s not like I`m adding a new abbey road plugin, where I know you have to WUP to get it.

Image2.jpg

53 minutes ago, rasure said:

Thanks for the reply, doesn't work unfortunately, its all or nothing, that`s the issue.

I don't have that issue...so have no idea what the deal is...
other than WUP being expired may cause this...but I can select
and de-select whatever I want.

Even though you don't have Mercury Wup'd, I believe that you will still get updates to certain plugins that are for that version. IOW, updates for v9 and v10. However, if your not WUP'd then you won't get the newest features or any v11 plugins. From my understanding, they are still updating the older plugins to keep them working with the new stuff they have out. 

Lets say you have SOC, but it's version 10. and you also have some newer Waves plugins that you want to run inside SOC, in that situation the old version of SOC would need to know what the new plugin is/does/ect.

You can say what you want about WUP. Wup if you want, don't if you don't. I have never WUP'd. :)  But the bottom line is Waves has got some top quality plugins that you can get cheap. And they work and keep working.

@rasure 

So if you are getting updates, take 'em!! I am not understanding why you think that will change your license?

• Like 1

Messed up all my waves stuff, got missing plugins after update! having to restore from a backup. Updates overwrite, and because my WUP is not up to date there is no valid license for updated plugins, pain in the *****. This is the first time I've had any issue with waves stuff. Thanks for the input 🙂

31 minutes ago, rasure said:

This is the first time I've had any issue with waves stuff.

I would contact support. They would want to know about this. WC should not update you to a version of a plugin you have no licenses for.

• Like 1

I contacted support again and pointed them to this thread. After restoring from back up, Waves now shows NO updates, it`s odd. I think the issue is its showing updates when there isn't any, so you go to update and it messes the whole thing up. 

50 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Keep buying Waves plugins guys.

I will, and haven't had a problem with them yet. Well way back when I was using v9 there was a Sonar thing... but that got worked out by Waves and Cakewalk working together. : 0 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grem said:

and haven't had a problem with them yet

Awesome, more power to you, my comment was directed to all those guys hitting a wall with their heads when having issues with the plugins, I would've just deleted them, troubleshooting is just a time sink, even if you succeed, not worth it.

My comment was meant to inform others that there is a lot of us running them without issue.

Never really considered trouble shooting as a waste of time. I kinda like to do it and I get satisfaction when I do solve the issue. But that's just me. I know, I'm weird!! : )

That said, some Windows issues ain't worth the time!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I will, and haven't had a problem with them yet.

Ditto here, it's as easy as, child's play, for the life of me I can't see how people can stuff it up (well I can, but apparently there's no cure for that).

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1