Z3TA+ Arp(eggio) Presets Question?

Astraios

Hi,
I wonder, how to manipulate Z3TA+'s Arp presets? The files are saved as *.cmp files (arp001.cmp). Here on my PC stored at: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Z3TA+ 2\Arpeggios.
Many of the arp-presets aren't really useful, but there seems to be no way to change or manipulate the cmp files. When deleting a*.cmp file in the folder it still appears in the Z3TAs list (without arp information). Whatever, cmp files might be an concept of an older "Jammer" musical software.... I don't know? 
I would like to sort them like  "1-arp001.cmp" for a good one and "2-arp002.cmp" for an okay one to make me feel better working with this stuff.

Cheers

Edited by Astra-Ios

Thx for reply - but I can not open *.cmp files there... 10, 15 or 20 years ago, something like a cmp-fileconverter existed. 😌

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203910

Only way is to drag and drop an arp into the track and save it as midi in whatever directory you want it. But this is a bit complicated and

takes a lot of time. 🧐

5 hours ago, kzmaier said:

You can also use the Cakewalk built in track arp patterns.

@Astra-Ios Several months ago I explored the Inspector-based Arpeggiator.  I really liked it a lot and was building a custom template. Unfortunately, I was never able to get midi learn to work the way I wanted. (I am still not sure if it is a bug or just user error.) Depending on what you want to do, it might meet your needs.

In my experience, if you don't mind using a mouse for turning the arps on and off, latching them and un-latching them, etc. they seemed to work fine.  The problem I had was that via remote midi, the virtual buttons changed (lit/unlit), but the functions did not change based on remote midi commands.

Other than that, I thought they were quite flexible. 

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Recording.17.html

Hi 905133 🙂

Yes, I have no probs to midi-remote my ProChannel Arp functions 

So I can easily switch thru the octaves, turn Arp on/off or latch +/-

What MIDI Ctrl-device do you use?

That's how it looks in my German version

715472794_ArpLatchMIDICtrl.PNG.c1f2ba6b6b774f5067dee5ce0fec9225.PNG

Greetings from Berlin

54 minutes ago, Astra-Ios said:

Yes, I have no probs to midi-remote my ProChannel Arp functions 

So I can easily switch thru the octaves, turn Arp on/off or latch +/-

What MIDI Ctrl-device do you use?

I have used a momentary contact foot pedal plugged into a usb/midi keyboard and the knobs on the keyboard.  They work fine for other functions, just not the arpeggiator functions. It is clear that the midi is going to where I want (latch, on/off, etc.) because the virtual button changes its state (lit/unlit), but not the function itself. I will try again with octaves.

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I have used a momentary contact foot pedal plugged into a usb/midi keyboard and the knobs on the keyboard.  They work fine for other functions, just not the arpeggiator functions. It is clear that the midi is going to where I want (latch, on/off, etc.) because the virtual button changes its state (lit/unlit), but not the function itself. I will try again with octaves.

hmmm, okay, 🤔 I haven't checked it out in 'real time' and with sounds (just tried the midi-function)... will try tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

I have to confirm your lack of midi-ctrl-funtion from my experience too. It seems to be buggy, also I have to confess, leaving a 15 years of cakewalk journey behind me, I'm not really sure what is really going on here... Well - just doesn't work 😣 like so many other stuff here

• Thanks 1