Scaler 2 upgrade avail now at $19

lawajava

I was very surprised that Scaler 2 did not have the option of moving the Sounds Library to a different location.  The new Scaler 2 has a sounds library of 671MB and installed only on the C drive in the Public documents folder.  Given that many are using small SSD drives for C drive and use larger hard drives for Samples, it is strange that the developers did not provide the option of moving the Sounds library.  The Preferences does have a link to show where the Sounds library is, but not to change the location.   Most developers now provide some means of moving or relocating the library of sounds/samples; so this should be something that is possible.

The ability to move the Sounds Library has been a feature request going back to Scaler 1 and has been reported to be on the "to do" list.  I and another have just made a request over on the Scaler Forum to have this feature added.  The response has been that this is a feature request that will be considered once they have gotten Scaler 2 "rock solid" but that there are other features that are "prioritising over this one".  This is very understandable as Scaler must be stable and bug free; however, I hope that they will follow through on this feature request to be able to move the Samples/Sounds library.

BTW, Scaler 2 is a great product and so much fun and educational to use.

Cecelius2

• Thanks 1

Version 2.0.8 now available from your account.  https://www.pluginboutique.com/myaccount 

Change log

• Fix an issue causing Scaler to start its playback too early when using DAW sync
  • Fix a resizing issue causing Scaler to display at a wrong position on launch
  • Prevent Scaler from hanging during startup/validation
  • Prevent bound-chords from being stopped when adding arpeggiated notes
  • Add a notification when dropping an unsupported file onto Scaler
  • Fix display issue in performance names with accent when using Poppins font
  • Updating the arpeggio timing from the side menu now updates properly the live settings panel
  • Prevent a display issue when recalling a saved state with multiple panels open
  • Fix an issue causing hung notes when using playback and a MIDI Controller
Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, paulo said:

As a CW user is it safe to get the demo yet or am I just going to waste my time / the demo period because it doesn't work properly? No mention of  CW compatibility on the PB specs.

No clue about the demo version, but since 2.07 the production version so far has felt good on CW to me.  I don't use any of the super fancy capabilities though.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Cecelius2 said:

surprised that Scaler 2 did not have the option of moving the Sounds Library to a different location

I found that quite annoying!

On 6/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, antler said:

create a symbolic link

for some reason, and I have these on both my Win 7 machines, I can't get it to work on my Win 10 machines; doh!

tom

• 3 weeks later...

Now available:

• Improved lasso selection, patterns can now be multi-selected and chained with ease
  • Improve visual feedback on keyboard when binding a multi-selection of pattern with empty chords
  • Improve user chordset loading to support renaming & moving session files
  • Add new option to play-quantised to chord duration or on next beat
  • Chord Edit panel now suggests chords at the same octave than the currently edited chord
  • Accessing the Pad View does not stop playback anymore
  • Add ability to Play/Loop progression from Pad View
  • Add ability to navigate back to Edit View from the Pad View
  • Improve live expressions behaviour, avoid re-trigger when releasing a note while other keys are being held
  • Fix an issue causing the import/export state to break when overriding an existing session file
  • Fix a display issue when reloading the Chord Edit view from a saved state
  • Fix an issue causing octave jumps when using scale voicings
  • Fix modulation suggestions to prevent octave jumps between distant scales
  • Fix an issue when reordering chords causing them to shift to a wrong position
  • Improve overall stability and performances
Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Sounds like it might be time to download and install, now that they have most of the bugs ironed out.

The previous version was actually pretty good but I wish they would separate the samples from the core program so that you didn't need to download 700Mb for every update.

Edited by ZincT

I see that they have put the price up now that it actually works. I hope that they will be sharing the revenue from the increased price with those who paid for the original release version and unwittingly became beta testers, lol!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paulo said:

I see that they have put the price up now that it actually works. I hope that they will be sharing the revenue from the increased price with those who paid for the original release version and unwittingly became beta testers, lol!

It has been working well enough for a while now since release.

I'm surprised they didn't raise the rate even more, unlike the vast majority of other VSTs on the market, this one actually supplies some real value to music creation.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

It has been working well enough for a while now since release.

I'm surprised they didn't raise the rate even more, unlike the vast majority of other VSTs on the market, this one actually supplies some real value to music creation.

Shhh...   I'm kicking myself for not picking it up for $49