Scaler 2 upgrade avail now at $19

lawajava

11 hours ago, Toffo said:

Tezza, can you get that SkyMuster satellite NBN?

Thanks, I could but don't really want a plan at the moment as I will be moving down south in the next couple of months which should fix the internet problem.

2 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Just jumped in on Scaler 2 upgrade and the current download version is 2.05.

Thanks for the info Mesh.

Looks like the updates are coming thick and fast - good to know that the dev is on the case!

• Like 2

Just now, ZincT said:

Thanks for the info Mesh.

Looks like the updates are coming thick and fast - good to know that the dev is on the case!

That's definitely a good thing  to see (fixing bugs asap)....certainly helps when buying  and/or supporting them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pbognar said:

Is a version log included which lists what is fixed in each update?

Also, I hope the demos are being updated as well, seeing as how these are used to check compatibility with one's DAW application...

Not that I have found :( Still the same issue with VST3 in v2.05. 

I guess it's early days yet and I'm sure fixes will be forthcoming.

I'm getting some great results so far. 

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Not that I have found :( Still the same issue with VST3 in v2.05. 

I guess it's early days yet and I'm sure fixes will be forthcoming.

I'm getting some great results so far. 

Where did you get .05 ?  I re-downloaded from my PB account and still .04 there.  

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Where did you get .05 ?  I re-downloaded from my PB account and still .04 there.  

There was a drop down menu in my account with 2.02 (really 2.04) on display but click on the drop down and 2.05 is there. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

There was a drop down menu in my account with 2.02 (really 2.04) on display but click on the drop down and 2.05 is there. 

Thanks!    Wasn't in my account yet, but is now.  

Edited by Brian Walton

No patches though so you have to download the entire program each time they come out with a fix. I'll stick with version 1 until things settle down a bit. I'm scouring the forums elsewhere as well to see what complaints come up.

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

My account gives 2.0.5 for Mac and still at 2.0.4 for Windows (which is what I need).   Drop down says 2.0.2, but I get 2.0.4.

Edited by Paul P

Drop down originally says 2.04.  when I click that, it adds 2.05 New!.  I waited a few seconds as an indicator rotated, then the drop down permanently went to 2.05.  Now the download says Scaler-2.05.zip.  So I will download that.  

• Like 1

So 2.0.5 doesn't' fix the VST3 hang on project load for CbB.  But I couldn't' make it happen in Cubase or REAPER, it's possible it is just a CbB thing.  Breaking it in the debugger to see what's hanging it looks like Scalar is calling into a DLL that it installed in your Windows system directory, called Essentia.dll that is hanging on the reload.  It appears to be based on this Open Source Project https://github.com/MTG/essentia 

But that's kind of odd since it's licensed GPL (not LGPL).  And Scalar doesn't mention they got a commercial license from Universitat Pompeu Fabra

https://essentia.upf.edu/licensing_information.html

Of course I don't like they installed something into my Windows System directory either.  Because they were too lazy to dynamically load the DLL from their own directory.