Scaler 2 upgrade avail now at $19

lawajava

8 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Yep, version 2.04, except I only just downloaded the buggy one (ver 2.03) 711mb, that's going to cost me another $2.00 to download the one that is alleged to work, in addition to the original $30.00 for the program. Sounds like nit picking but I am hating Australia's exchange rate at the moment on everything. Think I might wait to see if there is an avalanche of bug reports on this version before downloading.

Haven't given it a good test yet.  So a wise call to wait if you are on a per download cost program.

Curious what the montly base internet charge is if you have a $2 download fee for less than a gig on top of it.

In the US most pay a monthly rate with unlimited download (within reason).  Though the monthly base rate isn't exaclty cheap.  

I have to use a usb dongle on prepaid, it's $60.00 for 30gig, so a little less than $2.00. There is no  line based internet where I am, also can't get it through the phone because that doesn't work properly either, just drops out or doesn't connect. I also get rubbish speeds and the libraries are closed for computer access. It's just typical regional Australian internet, highly expensive with the speed of a snail and constant dropouts. I dropped back to 3g from 4g because it works better. On 4g I was averaging 48kb/s sometimes, less than the old dialup, on 3g I can get a whopping 300kbs/s. This is all reliant on me using a mic stand to position the USB dongle in the window. It has to be in a certain place or there will be no internet at all.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

So what's the verdict?

Is it working in CbB or not?

tom

Scaler 2 working fine in CbB here! 

BTW my PluginBoutique account still says it's v2.02 but when you download it it is actually v2.04.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

I have to use a usb dongle on prepaid, it's $60.00 for 30gig, so a little less than $2.00. There is no  line based internet where I am, also can't get it through the phone because that doesn't work properly either, just drops out or doesn't connect. I also get rubbish speeds and the libraries are closed for computer access. It's just typical regional Australian internet, highly expensive with the speed of a snail and constant dropouts. I dropped back to 3g from 4g because it works better. On 4g I was averaging 48kb/s sometimes, less than the old dialup, on 3g I can get a whopping 300kbs/s. This is all reliant on me using a mic stand to position the USB dongle in the window. It has to be in a certain place or there will be no internet at all.

The price you are paying is actually quite a bit less than what a normal US user would be paying for the content they actually download (unless they are doing a bunch of streaming each month).

That being said, your download speads are horiffic.  

I'd say most people I know pay $80+ per month for internet at home, and outside of streaming (which you clearly can't do),   30gigs would likley be months worth of actually service on a pay as you go plan for most people here.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Ok, sucked in! GAS!
Is the Vocal Leveler something I should install?

t

Resistance is futile!

VL is pretty decent actually. I still prefer Vocal Rider but it's a decent alternative. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lawajava said:

Fascinating. You have to pay for a download?

I pay $60.00 for 30gigs of data that expires in 3 months.

9 hours ago, Mesh said:

My exact thoughts as well. I'm getting 920mbps on download, which I imagine is more than I ever need.

At best, I can only manage 1.0mbps in a metropolitan area using my USB dongle. I cannot even comprehend what 920mbps would be like.

7 hours ago, ZincT said:

Resistance is futile!

VL is pretty decent actually. I still prefer Vocal Rider but it's a decent alternative. 

Yes, this is the freebie they are giving away with any plugin purchase including Scaler 2 during the month of May (normally $59.00), it ends May 31st:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1597

For the benefit of others, this is what it is:

• Thanks 1

Tezza, can you get that SkyMuster satellite NBN?

For everyone else, this is not what the internet is like in most of Australia :) But it's a big country with a low population so outside of urban areas internet coverage quality drops off pretty quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Toffo said:

Tezza, can you get that SkyMuster satellite NBN?

For everyone else, this is not what the internet is like in most of Australia :) But it's a big country with a low population so outside of urban areas internet coverage quality drops off pretty quickly.

I get this.  I used to live in the middle of nowhere California and only had access to really bad DSL or really expensive satellite that reviews said wasn't much better than DSL.  Then we moved 45 miles closer to L.A. to an area with FIOS.  So much better.  

• Like 1

Is anyone else seeing this with the VST3 version of Scaler 2...

New project in CbB.

Insert Scaler 2 VST3 and use it, drag some MIDI etc then save the project.

Close CbB and try to re-open the project. I just get an endless "Opening Project Loading Synth Scaler 2..." message and the project doesn't open.

Works fine with the VST2 version of Scaler 2.

I will report it on the bugs forum.

Edited by ZincT

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

Is anyone else seeing this with the VST3 version of Scaler 2...

New project in CbB.

Insert Scaler 2 VST3 and use it, drag some MIDI etc then save the project.

Close CbB and try to re-open the project. I just get an endless "Opening Project Loading Synth Scaler 2..." message and the project doesn't open.

Works fine with the VST2 version of Scaler 2.

I will report it on the bugs forum.

Does the same thing here (Scalar 2.0.4).  Guess that means the VST3 version is to be avoided for now.

1 minute ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Does the same thing here (Scalar 2.0.4).  Guess that means the VST3 version is to be avoided for now.

Thanks for confirming Matthew, yes looks like it. I have posted on the support forum about it. 

I haven't tried it in other DAWs yet though.

1 minute ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I've grown weary of using too many different DAWs.  Right now CbB starts faster than Cubase for me, so it's mostly winning.  But I couldn't reproduce this in Cubase 10.5.

Know what you mean Matthew. 

CbB (and SPlat) used to take two minutes to start for me. I tried lots of different things to fix it but never got to the bottom of it until one month a new version of CbB came out with a "fix" for slow startup. Ever since then it is the fastest starting DAW I own (around 2 to 3 seconds) although Reaper and Studio One are no slouches either.