Samplitude Pro X4 Suite + Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 6 for $149

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I knew I should have waited.   Sigh.  

This isn't X5, it's X4...the old version, and Magix doesn't offer
"automatic upgrades" at all.  You have to buy within their time
frame to get the free upgrade...just FYI

44 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Hmm. Didn't they have the free upgrade at the beginning of the month?  I have to tell you, Magix makes no sense.  :)

Thanks. 

Yes...there was like a 2 week window, but with Magix, once that window closes, it's over...

• Like 1

Yes, I would do due diligence before purchasing.  While I like and had no issues with X3 & X4, I was not going to upgrade to X5 especially for $199!  I then realized I could upgrade to X5 Suite Educational for $99 which I thought reasonable.

However, I have not been able to even try X5 because I now get a Copyprotection error - "cannot write unlock code to HD."  I've been working with support for 6 weeks trying to rectify the issue to no avail.  I am currently trying to get a refund.

I am just weary from dealing with Magix and cannot justify the effort any longer.  I'll continue to use Vegas Pro & X4 when needed but will NOT be upgrading either save the occasional Humble Bundle deals but even then, I have my doubts.

YMMV

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

This isn't X5, it's X4...the old version, and Magix doesn't offer
"automatic upgrades" at all.  You have to buy within their time
frame to get the free upgrade...just FYI

Even if it is X4, the UPGRADE price for the X3 Suite would have been 199 EUR for me! And that means no new serial! Very strange pricing of Magix. ☹️

36 minutes ago, Promidi said:

This looks like it's actually Spectralayers Pro 6 for $US149 and it comes with a free copy of Samplitude X4 Suite.

While this is less than I paid for Spectralayers Pro 6 by itself, I have to warn you I've been very disappointed in Spectralyers Pro 6.  I'd say even with this offer it is overpriced.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

While this is less than I paid for Spectralayers Pro 6 by itself, I have to warn you I've been very disappointed in Spectralyers Pro 6.  I'd say even with this offer it is overpriced.

I have to say, I have not been tempted.  Mind you, I think having RX7 Standard might have something to do with that.  (Advanced is a bid rich for my blood ATM)