Melodyne 5 Out

Just updated Assistant from 4 to 5 for 49 EUR. Seem those Editor and Studio versions are kinda expensive for update indeed. I think best time for updating/upgrading Editor/Studio versions is November-December when Celemony discounts their products to up to 50%. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

if anything, i would, since i own Melodyne 4 Studio, downgrade to Editor.  while the multitrack features are cool, i don't really use them enough to justify having them, and the sound editor is also a bit more than i need (though if that stuff were automate-able, i may feel otherwise).  but man, version 5 looks pretty darn hot

4 hours ago, wetdentist said:

if anything, i would, since i own Melodyne 4 Studio, downgrade to Editor.  while the multitrack features are cool, i don't really use them enough to justify having them, and the sound editor is also a bit more than i need (though if that stuff were automate-able, i may feel otherwise).  but man, version 5 looks pretty darn hot

I've currently got Editor, and I'm seriously considering upgrading to Studio.

The main reason being that the new Chord analysis feature works across multiple tracks, and takes all of the tracks into account when figuring out what the chords are.

• Like 1

I'm tempted to upgrade - but yes  the Studio upgrade is a little pricey. I use it for just short segment editing and don't really utilize many of the features - that being said loading multiple vocal tracks for subtle tuning is pretty amazing. The new features are pretty significant though, looks like some major work went into separating sibilant chunks.