Mastering with Ozone 9 - is it worth it?

Ozone has been great mastering tools for years! I have no doubt about its quality. But I'll wait until few more months (could be a year) before I upgrade to see more review on their new release. I'm still using Ozone 6 and I'm happy with it.

thanks Jim,

I am looking at their Loyalty Bundle

The page seems to be saying $699 for only $199, and I believe it includes Ozone 9 Advanced, but at the bottom of the page the price show $349. Just wondering if anyone knows if the $199 bundle actually includes Ozone 9 Advanced. If so, it a great deal as it is on sale by it self today for $249. https://www.izotope.com/en/products/tonal-balance-bundle/what-s-included.html Any help much appreciated.

Hmmm, well I upgraded from 07 to O9 standard, the loyalty  offer is in my account for $199 & the bundle shows the 4 icons for the O9 Advanced & Neutron 3  Advanced, plus the Tonal Balance & Nectar 3. The price at the bottom $349 is just the regular sale price. If the loyalty offer is in your account then the 4 items is  what you'd get for $199...

With the O9 Latest Update: 9.1, I have a couple of issues that make me hesitate to upgrade, 1. The vst in CbB for the standard takes 20+ secs to load.  I've used multiple instances of O7 in projects which all load swiftly, the excessive load time for O9 makes it's use limited as each instance adds significantly to the project load time. 2. For the standalone O9 if you create a new Ozone project, import audio to a track and close the project taking the option not to save any changes, the imported audio doesn't get deleted, and should. In O7 this didn't happen.  I'm on the latest w10 with no fancy configurations.  O9.1 is the 3rd update to the original release, so it seems to me that there still maybe glitches. The advanced version is recently now 9.1a sort of a hot fix for some issue. The issues I mentioned I reported yet they still persist. Such a pity, just as well I still have O7 for my CbB projects & the O9 standalone I can cope with, manually deleting any unsaved imports. Last I've no idea if the Advanced O9 has the same issues as the standard, but I suspect so. Parting with cash for a bargain that ends up with a limited use is to say the least irritating...

I've been using Ozone for a while and now consider it a must have tool. The eq suggestions are a great tool if you get too close to your mix and aren't making the right eq choices that are obvious to ozone. It's a great reference tool even if you don't use it. Tez , when I import a file to my dedicated Ozone project , I make sure "copy to audio folder" isn't checked during import. It may not work the same in 9 but it's something to try.    mark

@mark skinner Cheers Mark, I'll take a look, but exactly where is the "copy to audio folder" option? Hopefully the O9 quirks viz CbB will get sorted out, and it's absolutely a must have for me too, audio engineering is not my forte,  so the more help the better & Ozone helps! One other thing to note with O9 is if you want to export a 32 bit wave file the only option is float, not all web sites accept this format for uploads, that includes... Bandlab, that was the case the last time I uploaded, but O7 came to the rescue. 

Tez, as soon as you click  file/import audio the option will be on the very first page that pops up , it's just a check box. You may also have "auto save" enabled , saving it for you.  Frank , a friend of mine just got the $199 package with all four advanced programs. Killer deal.    mark

Mark, I'm on w10 the import for O7 & O9 just pops up the windows file selection popup, no check box is here as it's not a custom popup... Ho Hum..

Just dawned on me, I'm referring to the Ozone standalone ozone projects .ozn files that has the issue when closed without saving the project. I think you must be referring to CbB projects?

Edited by Tez

Frank, the short answer is yes, it's a good investment.

Like many here, I've been a happy Ozone user for many years. Everything iZotope makes is top-quality, in the same league as, say, FabFilter. Maybe too good for their own good; I'm still on Ozone 7 and feel no need to upgrade.

If you do make the plunge, you might as well spring for the Advanced edition. With Advanced you get the modules as individual plugins, as well as the Insight metering tool.

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Tez, as soon as you click  file/import audio the option will be on the very first page that pops up , it's just a check box. You may also have "auto save" enabled , saving it for you.  Frank , a friend of mine just got the $199 package with all four advanced programs. Killer deal.    mark

Awesome, I have been waiting like 4 days now for them to get back in touch with me to let me know that if it includes Oxone 9 Advanced.  I am ready to make the purchase, but was hoping I can still get the extra 5% discount that popped up the first day I got into the page.  I had saved it in my cart, but when I got back in the extra 5% was gone.  It's only like $13.00 as I had added the $49 package they were offering too.  I have until the 9th to get the $199, and if they ever get in touch with me maybe they'll give me that extra 5%.

I wonder if there are any coupon sites out there where I can save?

Thank you for your input.  I am glad to know that it does include all 4 programs.

Frank