Jump to content
Larry Shelby

Melodyne 5 released!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

The new "Sibilance" feature is (alone) worth the cost of the upgrade.

Some really useful improvements...

Yes, yes, yes,...have to upgrade...soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bapu said:

Studio 5 from Studio 4 upgrade is $132.61 from JRRShop with code FORUM

 

Ooooooh I feel so Lars today

Audiodeluxe has the same for 129.99, because of the Spring Coupon Code...SPRING2020, auto applied in the cart area. I'm weakening now....

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Audiodeluxe has the same for 129.99, because of the Spring Coupon Code...SPRING2020, auto applied in the cart area. I'm weakening now....

Ugh, I feel the same way. I really want to wait for the discount email but I don't know that we'll see it for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Audiodeluxe has the same for 129.99, because of the Spring Coupon Code...SPRING2020, auto applied in the cart area. I'm weakening now....

Man I could've bought a small Diet Coke with the savings. 😞 

  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I go for it, this will be my 5th major upgrade since starting with Melodyne at version 1.

Each time, I told myself no, the old version already does everything I need and the new features don't justify the upgrade price. And each time, Celemony eventually came around with an offer I couldn't refuse. But that usually happened a year after the release. 

Not saying that'll happen again, but they've been consistent in the past. It's a sensible strategy: snag all the instant-upgraders in the first round, then come back later to scoop up the stragglers. I'll be one of those. I've done the same with Kontakt and Ozone, both of which have consistently seduced me into belated upgrades with an "ok, what about this price?" email.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

If I go for it, this will be my 5th major upgrade since starting with Melodyne at version 1.

Each time, I told myself no, the old version already does everything I need and the new features don't justify the upgrade price. And each time, Celemony eventually came around with an offer I couldn't refuse. But that usually happened a year after the release. 

Not saying that'll happen again, but they've been consistent in the past. It's a sensible strategy: snag all the instant-upgraders in the first round, then come back later to scoop up the stragglers. I'll be one of those. I've done the same with Kontakt and Ozone, both of which have consistently seduced me into belated upgrades with an "ok, what about this price?" email.

Always been my strategy too with Melodyne!  There's nothing that I REALLY need in the update,
but when the price is right, I'll jump...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love using Melodyne 4 Editor, however, I don't use it very often so  i think I will wait for the 50% off email also.   I like the new features in version 5 and I though it was way past due for an upgrade to a newer version. 

Now if we can only get XLN Audio to move their butts and give us an update! 😠

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any views on simply using Essential?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Any views on simply using Essential?

Yes . . .

Essential

a490gzn.jpg

Studio

wGciA5H.jpg

I'll be on my way

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't a sale/intro price, right? So we're not exactly missing a deal if we don't buy right at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just  got the Studio version upgrade at Audiodeluxe. $130 is a great price for all the new features. I just tried out the Sibilant Tool and it works great and is easy to use.
Now to figure out how to use all the Studio features.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

This isn't a sale/intro price, right? So we're not exactly missing a deal if we don't buy right at this moment.

I've yet to see anything to confirm if this is an intro deal or just the normal pricing.  And I've looked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ensconced said:

wGciA5H.jpg

I'll be on my way

You're probably going to have to put up with being stuck in quarantine for 14 days before enjoying the view.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That's a negative, I live there.

 

The "I'll be on my way" comment was like a "I'll get my coat" type of thing

Edited by ensconced
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ensconced said:

That's a negative, I live there.

 

The "I'll be on my way" comment was like a "I'll get my coat" type of thing

Fair dinkum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bloody oath mate 🙂

Alternating between the oppressive heat of Townsville Nth QLD, which I try to avoid as much as possible, and the relatively mild climate of Sydney and NSW, mostly the later.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...