Melodyne 5 released!

cclarry

Tonight I was offered and upgrade from 4 essentials to 5 essentials  on one of my computers  . I wish I never downloaded it ...

it was my legit upgrade   w my serial number ..

I paid close attention to the install and did every thing correctly  and now this is what I have ..pics

Now I have to play the waiting game ...on my support ticket

I was OK w 4 and I have upgraded on my other computer to the next version of Melodyne up from essentials a while back

I just don't like when stuff breaks for no reason

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Tonight I was offered and upgrade from 4 essentials to 5 essentials  on one of my computers  . I wish I never downloaded it ...

it was my legit upgrade   w my serial number ..

I paid close attention to the install and did every thing correctly  and now this is what I have ..pics

Now I have to play the waiting game ...on my support ticket

I was OK w 4 and I have upgraded on my other computer to the next version of Melodyne up from essentials a while back

I just don't like when stuff breaks for no reason

Kenny, were you trying to load Melodyne 5 in a project that has Melodyne 4 in it? I read on the Reaper forum that this was a problem. 

26 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

Kenny, were you trying to load Melodyne 5 in a project that has Melodyne 4 in it? I read on the Reaper forum that this was a problem. 

Hi S.L.I.P.  No as far as what you just asked ..Yet I think I solved the problem ...

I have a few lap tops . On the Windows side  3 are W 10 and one is a W 7 64 HE pro ....after reading the fine print over at Celmony SP ? I noticed the Melodyne 5 machine spec listed was Windows 10 only ....I was on my Win 7 machine which I happen to love and I had installed the upgrade straight up on good faith w out reading all the other Jazz a smart person would read ..lol

I just got done doing a system restore and uninstalling all traces of Melodyne ...then I hunted down my older Melodyne version Zip and did an install from that ...everything thing seems to be working OK and I'm back to what I had before .I guess things would have been smooth had I been been using one of my Win 10 machines ...

thanks for offering your help

Kenny

18 minutes ago, S.L.I.P. said:

If I posted a picture of a scantily-clad woman, it might have been more help...

🤣

Good thing you didn't because after all this social distancing  my poor right arm looks just like this after a S.L.I.P. scantily-clad woman picture show  ...

I'm gonna have to change my screen name to The Jack Hammer if I keep having to hold my guitar pick this way ...

.5be189691f56f0bbf938a98c2deeb87a.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

after reading the fine print over at Celmony SP ? I noticed the Melodyne 5 machine spec listed was Windows 10 only ....I was on my Win 7 machine which I happen to love and I had installed the upgrade straight up on good faith w out reading all the other Jazz

Easy mistake to make when it's just an upgrade and IMO Celemony should make this info far more prominent seeing as how it's the first time that this has been the case.

Maybe @cclarry could edit his OP to include this info - might save somebody else from finding out too late. 

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Easy mistake to make when it's just an upgrade and IMO Celemony should make this info far more prominent seeing as how it's the first time that this has been the case.

Maybe @cclarry could edit his OP to include this info - might save somebody else from finding out too late. 

Yes this was a very easy mistake for me to have made . Right off the bat after opening Melodyne for something I was doing in a musical clip , Melodyne went full charge to an upgrade offer in my acct and provided me with a individualized download w my e mail and other info ...

Once there , I actually wanted to see and read about what was going on over there so I had to open up another browser since I was locked into my download info

I have Assistant on 2 of my computers and I wanted to find out if I had to ante up to go from 4 to 5 .

To make a long story short I never found out ...There is nothing easy about navigating their site unless you want to compare going over there to peeling an artichoke

FWIW after toasting my Win 7 computer and having sent support an e mail , I realized the root of my problem was 2 things ...Melodyne 5 does not support Windows 7  and I had made a rookie mistake ... 

Oh BTW support did get back to me and let me know that Win 10 is the minimum requirement...  It took me the better part of last night to get my computer back to what it was ....

Currently I'm back on one of my Win 10 computers and I'm not upgrading anything on it until I find out what is going on .

I'm happy Essentials 4 to Essentials 5 is a free upgrade yet I still have no idea what it would cost me to go from Assistant 4 to Assistant 5 ...

I got lots of time to figure that one out ( lot's of time means no extra cash ) LOL

I'm not gonna break anything else trying to fix that which is not broken ...when I get some extra coin, only then may I change my mind .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

I don’t get why the Studio 4-5 update is so much more expensive than the updates for the lesser models. Assuming the new features have X value, aren’t they just adding those same features having X value to each of their models? .....or am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I don’t get why the Studio 4-5 update is so much more expensive than the updates for the lesser models. Assuming the new features have X value, aren’t they just adding those same features having X value to each of their models? .....or am I missing something?

That is a good question. The highest version with "New" on their feature list is in Assistant (2 of them), the rest are in all four versions.

46 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

That right there is an astute observation and valid argument for a more equitable upgrade price structure. 

Rocky

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 10:41 PM, LAGinz said:

My exact thoughts and the reason why I didn't upgrade automatically. (also because I don't have the money tho, missing all them summer sales)

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, chris.r said:

A quick question: if I upgrade my Melodyne 4 Essential to v.5, can I still keep the v.4 on my other Win7 laptop, do they allow that (since v.5 is W10 only)?

I would think not, as your account (and downloads) will show v5. OTOH will they ever know?

• Thanks 1