Melodyne 5 released!

cclarry

11 hours ago, bitflipper said:

If I go for it, this will be my 5th major upgrade since starting with Melodyne at version 1.

Each time, I told myself no, the old version already does everything I need and the new features don't justify the upgrade price. And each time, Celemony eventually came around with an offer I couldn't refuse. But that usually happened a year after the release. 

Not saying that'll happen again, but they've been consistent in the past. It's a sensible strategy: snag all the instant-upgraders in the first round, then come back later to scoop up the stragglers. I'll be one of those. I've done the same with Kontakt and Ozone, both of which have consistently seduced me into belated upgrades with an "ok, what about this price?" email.

I have followed this path since version 1 - more or less. Wise words indeed.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

Your next major update: free of charge

Melodyne is constantly being further developed and improved. Now you, too, can profit – free of charge.

Because if you update or upgrade now, you’ll get not only the current Melodyne 4 but also the next major Melodyne update for free.

I have not received any notification about it yet, I was updated on that occasion and they promised me that.

Did you see that?

From Melodyne:

Cakewalk by Bandlab

Cakewalk, thanks to its support for our ARA Audio Random Access technology, integrates Melodyne in a way that is particularly user friendly. We have tested the latest versions of Melodyne 5 with the following configurations:

Cakewalk 2019.05 (Build 31) under Windows 10 Pro 🥵

In the Help Center, you will find detailed information and tips on the use of Melodyne in Cakewalk.

melodyne 5.png

• Like 3

On 5/26/2020 at 10:39 AM, Sander Verstraten said:

Can you run Studio 4 and Essential 5 next to another?

On 5/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, Dzilizzi said:

Yes.  They are separate products. I've had Studio, Editor, Assistant and Essential on my computer.  When I upgrade, they don't remove the old versions. 

I wonder how this is possible, because there is only 1 Melodyne VST3 dll without a version number (Melodyne.vst3) ?

And even if you would rename the old one (resp. other version) would you be able to use both as Cakewalk "Region FX" ?

Maybe only the standalone versions are separate ?

But it would be cool if it was possible, because I could test the new version 5 with my Essential from Sonar (upgrade to v5 is free) along with Editor 4 on the same system. 😄

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marled said:

I wonder how this is possible, because there is only 1 Melodyne VST3 dll without a version number (Melodyne.vst3) ?

I thought this too because AFAIK there is only one Melodyne installer for all versions and it's your serial number that unlocks use of whatever version that you are entitled to use. Also IIRC when I installed v4 I got a screen warning on any already open clips saying that there was no going back to previous version once they had been accessed in v4.

• Like 2

I have Melodyne 4 Studio, and knew my happiness depended on upping to M5 studio. Purchased it on JRRShop, but mistakenly purchased the upgrade from M3 studio. New serial didn’t work at Celemony, saying I didn’t have M3 studio, which was correct. 
Eric at JRRShop sent me an email in a couple of hours voiding the previous new serial number to a new one indicating an upgrade from M4. All works now! 
so even though the pricing is similar, the upgrade path is specific!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, balinas said:

Eric at JRRShop sent me an email in a couple of hours voiding the previous new serial number to a new one indicating an upgrade from M4.

And what GREAT customer service!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paulo said:

AFAIK there is only one Melodyne installer for all versions and it's your serial number that unlocks use of whatever version that you are entitled to use.

This has always been what I thought and experienced too. If you upgrade a version, you can't use the product you upgraded from anymore. 

How ever, if you got a Essential version with say Sonar and Studio One, and you upgraded the version from Sonar, would you still be able to run the new updated product along with the Essential version that you still have on the same computer? That I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Anyone trying to download version 5 now?

I am getting "Error preparing download." 

Working now and now the page changed to 5.0.1.  I must have caught them while they were uploading the new version.

Edited by Greg
  • Like 2

If you upgrade from essential to assistant you will receive version 5 free, fake. The only thing that has been updated to 5 is the essential version and now after installing this I cannot use assistant, I have to uninstall version 5 of essential in order to use version 4 assistant.

I wrote to support@celemony.com, forwarding that old mail with free update offer.

Received answer:

Dear Customer, Thanks for the mail.
You are indeed right. The purchase of your Melodyne 4 version in that specific period allows you to receive a free update.

Here’s a serial number to upgrade your product to Melodyne 5.
a. Please login to your Celemony user account
b. Select the License Options for that product and enter the following update serial number:

Upgrade process with that SN went without any problems, now I have Meloddyne 5 Assistant.

So it's true! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, musical said:

I was trying to do exactly that. Thanks. I've gone back and it has worked!

Thomannmusic has upgrade from Assistant to Editor for $133. Much cheaper than the US providers. JRR is $177.11 in cart with FORUM.

ALWAYS post the link...

https://www.thomannmusic.com/celemony_melodyne_5_editor_ug_assistant.htm?ref=search_rslt_Melodyne_494662_0_10

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1