Melodyne 5 released!

cclarry

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

Studio 5 from Studio 4 upgrade is $132.61 from JRRShop with code FORUM

Ooooooh I feel so Lars today

Audiodeluxe has the same for 129.99, because of the Spring Coupon Code...SPRING2020, auto applied in the cart area. I'm weakening now....

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Audiodeluxe has the same for 129.99, because of the Spring Coupon Code...SPRING2020, auto applied in the cart area. I'm weakening now....

Ugh, I feel the same way. I really want to wait for the discount email but I don't know that we'll see it for quite some time.

51 minutes ago, Dave Maffris said:

Man I could've bought a small Diet Coke with the savings. 😞 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

If I go for it, this will be my 5th major upgrade since starting with Melodyne at version 1.

Each time, I told myself no, the old version already does everything I need and the new features don't justify the upgrade price. And each time, Celemony eventually came around with an offer I couldn't refuse. But that usually happened a year after the release. 

Not saying that'll happen again, but they've been consistent in the past. It's a sensible strategy: snag all the instant-upgraders in the first round, then come back later to scoop up the stragglers. I'll be one of those. I've done the same with Kontakt and Ozone, both of which have consistently seduced me into belated upgrades with an "ok, what about this price?" email.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

45 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

If I go for it, this will be my 5th major upgrade since starting with Melodyne at version 1.

Each time, I told myself no, the old version already does everything I need and the new features don't justify the upgrade price. And each time, Celemony eventually came around with an offer I couldn't refuse. But that usually happened a year after the release. 

Not saying that'll happen again, but they've been consistent in the past. It's a sensible strategy: snag all the instant-upgraders in the first round, then come back later to scoop up the stragglers. I'll be one of those. I've done the same with Kontakt and Ozone, both of which have consistently seduced me into belated upgrades with an "ok, what about this price?" email.

Always been my strategy too with Melodyne!  There's nothing that I REALLY need in the update,
but when the price is right, I'll jump...

• Like 4

I love using Melodyne 4 Editor, however, I don't use it very often so  i think I will wait for the 50% off email also.   I like the new features in version 5 and I though it was way past due for an upgrade to a newer version. 

Now if we can only get XLN Audio to move their butts and give us an update! 😠

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Bloody oath mate 🙂

Alternating between the oppressive heat of Townsville Nth QLD, which I try to avoid as much as possible, and the relatively mild climate of Sydney and NSW, mostly the later.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1