Melodyne 5 released!

cclarry

On end of 2018 Celemony offered to upgrade from Melodyne 4 Essential to 4 Assistant.

And they stated:

Your next major update: free of charge

Melodyne is constantly being further developed and improved. Now you, too, can profit – free of charge.

Because if you update or upgrade now, you’ll get not only the current Melodyne 4 but also the next major Melodyne update for free.

Well, I think "5" is a "major". Or no?..  🙂

Edited by Eugene Tsepenuk

Meanwhile, on the “What’s new” front: only the new Fade and Sibilant Tools didn’t trickle down to Essential. 
BUT Essential does include the other new stuff: 

New: “Melodic” algorithm with sibilant detection – for perfect yet invariably natural-sounding results

New: Musically weighted pitch analysis – for psycho-acoustically optimal intonation correction

New: Leveling macro – reduce or eliminate excessive volume disparities between notes

New: Chord Track and chord recognition – bring notes into line harmonically, extract chords from audio

New: “Percussive Pitched” algorithm – for instruments such as tabla and berimbau or 808 kick drums

Yowza! Not bad for a free upgrade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Okay, Audio Deluxe still has Studio 3 to 4 upgrades for $49 less discount.  I forgot I updated Editor and not my Studio 3.  So got the 3/4 upgrade and free update to 5.  It worked.   

And?  When they 6 comes out, I will have a version 4 available for a discounted upgrade. 😁

I guess I should record some vocals and play with it. 

• Great Idea 2

9 hours ago, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

On end of 2018 Celemony offered to upgrade from Melodyne 4 Essential to 4 Assistant.

And they stated:

Well, I think "5" is a "major". Or no?..  🙂

Snagged Melodyne 4 Assistant at that time as well with that deal. No sign of the promised upgrade at the moment though. Is it worth the $44.27 to upgrade to the new Melodyne 5 Assistant?

9 hours ago, locrian said:

Have they ever offered such a deal shortly after release of a new version?

I don't remember how long it takes to happen, but it usually does at some point. Looking at my purchase history I bought last two upgrades in late December, so I guess that would have been when the offer was on - probably a BF start / purchase by 31 Dec type deal.

I'm not one of the must have it the second it's out types, so it's no biggie for me to wait a while, plus any bugs will be ironed out by then.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Given some of the previous tools /functions were not as perfect as they suggested on the last update to the flagship products.

I'm a little surprised to see a number of people saying it is worth it before even testing it for more than a couple hours?  This isn't exacltly a cheap upgrade especially for the Studio 4 users.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1