Melodyne 5 released!

cclarry

New in Melodyne 5

New technologies, for better results in less time. Thanks to the fundamentally improved “Melodic” algorithm, Melodyne makes your vocal editing even better than before. With perfect, natural corrections at the press of a key. Thanks to the Chord Track, you can adapt notes with lightning speed to suit the song – chord recognition included. And with the unique Fade Tool, you can create note-based fades – even in polyphonic recordings and samples.

All this is new:

the ability to edit pitched and noise-like components separately with the “Melodic” algorithm

a more musical analysis of pitch deviations

the Chord Track and Chord Grid for pitch editing, chord recognition

the Fade Tool and Leveling Macro for editing dynamics

an additional algorithm (“Percussive Pitched”) plus other algorithm improvements

search functions for keyboard shortcuts, saving of shortcut sets

The update costs 49 €/US$ for Melodyne assistant, 99 €/US$ for Melodyne editor and 149 €/US$ for Melodyne studio. For Melodyne essential and users who registered Melodyne after 1 March 2020, it is free of charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

ability to edit pitched and noise-like components separately with the “Melodic” algorithm

This is interesting. Sometimes the pitches are fine but there's just some noises (talking guitar and bass mostly) that would be nice to edit away.

I'm curious, if there was an upgrade in the pipe for Studio One 4, what is the likelihood of this new version of melodyne being bundled?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Upgrading Editor from 4 to 5 on everyplugin would be $89.  Have to read up on the new features to see whether it's worth it.

Watch the v5 intro and tutorial videos. Very helpful. The single biggest new feature for me (so far) is the sibilance management, making Melodyne the best de-esser going.

• Like 2

$136 from Studio 4 to Studio 5 is a lot for me, moreover with no new productions including vocals. Even if I had them, I would still use Studio 4. I'll def wait for BF or another sale.
This update looks really good tho.  :D

Hmm, have to think about this.  Would it be better to wait for a sale?  They seem to have has some good ones in the last year and I'm not really in a hurry.  And frankly, the last time I needed to do some quick editing of vocals, Waves Tune was so much faster to use than Melodyne or Autotune.

7 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Is this for real or just hoping?

I guess another question would be, do any new features get added to essential?

Free, my main man. 
There’s chord mode. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2