Canopus

bjornpdx

Canopus

Maybe more of a sound track for a spacey video.  This has kind of a Klaus Schulze vibe to it I think.

I used Z3TA2 and Fab Filter Volcano and I modified Omnisphere patch Hypnotic Filter Tapper for the nice filter sweep effects.

Also Diva, Zebra and Synthmaster.

Thanks for listening/commenting.

EDIT :  I'm thinking of pulling this one.  It sounded pretty good at midnight but then it turned into crap overnight IMO. 

EDIT again:  it's okay.

Edited by bjornpdx
  • Like 3

Canopus,   I didn't realize there was a Canopus around here.😀  I've taken to naming my spacy stuff after constellations, galaxies things like that.  Thx for the comment.

Doug,  Thank you.  Sort of have to get into the  mood for this music.

This is pretty dope. The only thing that I felt was subtly distracting was the underlying pad volume. The movement from your oscillator was very "TRON" sounding, which I like personally. The pad creates unecessary competition but that's a preference. 

Besides that, I enjoyed where this took my mind; especially the differing instrumentations and counter melodies.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

sounded pretty good at midnight but then it turned into crap overnight

You are being way too hard on yourself! I enjoyed it, and being a guitar player of a certain age this is not my genre.
Please leave it up, the consensus seems to be very positive...

t

• Like 1

I haven't found myself disagreeing with you before but on this song I will.  It certainly is not crap -nor did it turn into crap overnight.  I don't know diddly about synths and the associated equipment but I do know that I enjoyed listening to this number.  I am not one who suitably appreciates over produced songs but this one sounded just right.  Well done pal!

• Like 1

Ruralrocker - Thanks for commenting. I have to revisit this piece after a while. I do think you're correct about the levels of the different synths. Had a lot of trouble trying to get that right but mostly I think there's something else that's missing and it's just not coming to me.

tom
I was perhaps in a not so good mood when I made that comment ("it's crap!"). I decided to just leave it alone for a while.

Wookie
Really glad someone else is familiar with Klaus, one of my heroes.

Freddy
Thanks for commenting and the encouragement! Appreciate it.

David and Paul

Thanks. I always appreciate your comments.

• Like 1