I need help with audio

김은혁

Question

I'm a macbook pro user(bootcamp) and have Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 31) audio card. but my cakewalk says that there are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please go to edit>preferences>audio>playback and recording and choose a different driver model. but I can't find list of drivers... help me. what do I have to do?

+I've setted driver mode to ASIO

Edited by 김은혁

3 answers to this question

On 2/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, 김은혁 said:

+I've setted driver mode to ASIO

The sound chip in your MAC doesn't support ASIO. As suggested, get an audio interface with drivers written for audio production. Even if you get it running with the on-board sound chip, your performance of your MAC and DAW will suffer and the sound quality will suffer as well

I'm not an Apple user, but they (Macs) have Core Audio drivers built in. You may still need a dedicated audio interface, but if it's compatible with the Mac it won't require ASIO drivers. My information is five years old so it's possible that a new Mac has built-in hardware that can handle music production, but if you are using Boot Camp to load Windows and run SONAR, you are basically using a PC and boom! You're back to external audio interface and ASIO drivers.