Quick question about bouncing clips in one track

Quick question - I work with mostly soft synths, as a keyboard player, but am working with a guitar player on some projects, and have a couple of quick questions about bouncing, and also bringing over associated audio files when doing a copy/paste of tracks from one project to another.

SO, the guitar player sent me a project folder, with his guitar tracks in the project file, and the associated audio clips in that project folder's Audio sub-folder.

For every one of his recorded guitar tracks, what is actually recorded is only the raw input signal from his guitar, and any effects are inserted into the FX bins of those audio tracks, and each guitar track has numerous audio clips.

SO - I want to merge those tracks into my master version of our project, and before doing that, I want to get each of his track's multiple audio clips bounced into a single track-length clip for each track, and then copy/paste each track into my master version.

1) Should I use Bounce to Track, or should I use Bounce to Clip, to result in a given track having all audio clips combined into one long clip for the whole track?  I do NOT want to 'print' the inserted audio effects (modeling and various effects), I just want the clips combined into one track-length audio clip that still only has the original raw guitar input signal.  I see on the Bounce to Track doc, it says it will apply automation and FX, and it does not do that for Bounce to Clip, however when I actually enter the Bounce to Track dialog, there are check boxes for all kinds of stuff, that presumably would remove it from the Bounce to Track processing.  Guidance?

2) Once I accomplish the above, and I want to copy and paste those tracks back into my master version of our project, will that result in CbB saving the associated audio clips into my master version, as well, or do I need to manually copy those into my master version's Audio sub-folder?

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Export the tracks with everything you do not want turned off in the export dialog

Import the tracks into the master project

If you wish to reduce the size of the final track clips, slip edit the beginning and end of the clips and apply trimming

• Like 1