We need a YouTube replacement now!

craigb

18 hours ago, craigb said:

From what I've read lately, that's not a problem since most people keep pushing "facts" that are almost exactly the opposite of reality (and obviously provided by mass media).

In some ways, I can't help but admire the brilliance of how people have been programmed to aggressively fight for exactly what will either end or enslave them.

I'm constantly appalled at people's willingness to act against their own best interests because they are being sold a lie, whether it's by the media or politicians.

All trails lead to Murdoch ...

On 5/29/2020 at 11:43 PM, craigb said:

From what I've read lately, that's not a problem since most people keep pushing "facts" that are almost exactly the opposite of reality (and obviously provided by mass media).

In some ways, I can't help but admire the brilliance of how people have been programmed to aggressively fight for exactly what will either end or enslave them.

Who are you to say what's fact or not?

If you're in science and don't have anyone trying to disprove your research and test it, how can people know you did not scam?

If we don't have free speach schence will die first of, then history, then art, then human dignity....

They way things move forward is that people goes against consensus in searching for the truth, new sounds, colors, how to preserve, how to everything. Without it everything would stop...

Edited by Øyvind Skald

2 hours ago, Wibbles said:

"Comment is free…but facts are sacred"

CP Scott, 1921

Nah. Facts change all the time as people digg more and find more evidence.

Truth on the other hand never change.

Most of science is rewritten all the time because of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Øyvind Skald said:

Nah. Facts change all the time as people digg more and find more evidence.

Truth on the other hand never change.

Most of science is rewritten all the time because of this.

That's not what the quote means.

4 hours ago, Wibbles said:

That's not what the quote means.

That's not what they want you to think of "facts" yes. But facts change all the time. Even Einstein's E=mc² was "debunked" and I think it back again as a "fact".

It is one of the greatest gifts to humans to try to digg after truth. When new evidence comes in, it would kill all of this if "fact check" "debunked" the new evidences that can put humanity on to new levels.

New truths to digg for might be in science, art, storytelling, new political thinking, religion and much much more.

Edited by Øyvind Skald

6 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

OP - Try Floatplane instead

Thanks for the thought!

I already know about that one (I've been a big viewer of Linus' channels for years) and I've got a few others (like LBRY, DTube, Bit.Tube, Bitschute and Brighteon) but, unfortunately, the stuff I want to watch is still lingering on YouTube.  That said, many are getting frustrated with the YT's idiocy and demonitizations, so they'll probably start moving somewhere soon.

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1