We need a YouTube replacement now!

craigb

would get up in the middle of night for a livestream where he opens the email, his Youtube account/content has been removed. 

never watched his channel, when I see the titles I think 'who does he thing he is ? .

he could be a great guy and it's just my opinion..

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sheens said:

never watched his channel, when I see the titles I think 'who does he thing he is ? 

Rodney McG Bassist / Vocalist for Voice Of Dissent. Touring Bassist for Murashita.

Leland Sklar = American electric bass guitarist and session musician. He is a member of the Los Angeles-based instrumental group The Section, who served as the de facto house band of Asylum Records and were one of the progenitors of the soft rock sound prevalent on top-40 radio in the 1970s and 1980s. Besides appearing as the backing band on numerous recordings by artists such as Jackson Browne, Carole King, Phil Collins, and James Taylor, the Section also released three solo albums of instrumental rock. Both in The Section and separately, Sklar has contributed to over 2,000 albums as a session musician. He also has toured with James Taylor, Toto, Phil Collins and other major rock and pop acts, and recorded many soundtracks to films and television shows.

Rick Beato = has produced music in rock and country genres with the bands like NeedtoBreathe. He produced two albums for the band, namely, “The Outsiders” (2009) and “The Reckoning” (2012). The albums were able to win Dove Awards in the Best Rock/Contemporary category. He has contributed in writing “Carolina” with Parmalee which hit number 1 on the Billboard’s Country Music Chart, in 2013. He is also a college professor in Music.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Rodney McG Bassist / Vocalist for Voice Of Dissent. Touring Bassist for Murashita.

Leland Sklar = American electric bass guitarist and session musician. He is a member of the Los Angeles-based instrumental group The Section, who served as the de facto house band of Asylum Records and were one of the progenitors of the soft rock sound prevalent on top-40 radio in the 1970s and 1980s. Besides appearing as the backing band on numerous recordings by artists such as Jackson Browne, Carole King, Phil Collins, and James Taylor, the Section also released three solo albums of instrumental rock. Both in The Section and separately, Sklar has contributed to over 2,000 albums as a session musician. He also has toured with James Taylor, Toto, Phil Collins and other major rock and pop acts, and recorded many soundtracks to films and television shows.

Rick Beato = has produced music in rock and country genres with the bands like NeedtoBreathe. He produced two albums for the band, namely, “The Outsiders” (2009) and “The Reckoning” (2012). The albums were able to win Dove Awards in the Best Rock/Contemporary category. He has contributed in writing “Carolina” with Parmalee which hit number 1 on the Billboard’s Country Music Chart, in 2013. He is also a college professor in Music.

Hey Bapu, thanks...I know Leland / his career.

I just don't like the 'titles' this Beato guy posts, to me (it's just my feeling) first impression is negative, even if he had written/produced a thousand hit records.

But I want to bet you a pack of Flatwounds his music carreer is not booming.  

(edit: btw probably want to bet me, I ALWAYS loose any bet).

Edited by Sheens
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sheens said:

Hey Bapu, thanks...I know Leland / his career.

I just don't like the 'titles' this Beato guy posts, to me (it's just my feeling) first impression is negative, even if he had written/produced a thousand hit records.

But I want to bet you a pack of Flatwounds his music carreer is not booming.  

(edit: btw probably want to bet me, I ALWAYS loose any bet).

Beato has 1.5M subscribers on YT related to music.    I'll gladly take you up on that bet.

You can see he has a long list of supports as well as links for paid products/services.

I'm postive he is making a nice living doing "music" full time.    He does all the work himself, so all that money is goign to him and his work.  

He goes live and people  throw money in the tip jar.  Watch this for a little bit and just get a taste of the kind of money he  can make:   

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 4

Hey Brian, thanks,  sorry I'm not watching  that as I (personally) don't like his titles and screenshots.

to me he looks more a Youtuber currently than someone working with bands, but I could be wrong.

I will bet you he won't do next Foo Fighers album, Geen Day, Springsteen, Mark Knopfler or any of those artists. (it's just a bet, I could loose, not saying he can't get such work nowadays...I just reckon it's not likely).

Those bands would maybe not hire him when he seems to be using his followers in a conflict (with Youtube who pays him, provides his stage...or is Youtube existing because of people like him ?).

And is he demanding right to use other artists work for his videos ?

Again, I don't know him (he could be awesome), just 1st impression he seems to think a lot of himself.

Edited by Sheens

31 minutes ago, Sheens said:

Hey Brian, thanks,  sorry I'm not watching  that as I (personally) don't like his titles and screenshots.

to me he looks more a Youtuber currently than someone working with bands, but I could be wrong.

I will bet you he won't do next Foo Fighers album, Geen Day, Springsteen, Mark Knopfler or any of those artists. (it's just a bet, I could loose, not saying he can't get such work nowadays...I just reckon it's not likely).

Those bands would maybe not hire him when he seems to be using his followers in a conflict (with Youtube who pays him, provides his stage...or is Youtube existing because of people like him ?).

And is he demanding right to use other artists work for his videos ?

Again, I don't know him (he could be awesome), just 1st impression he seems to think a lot of himself.

If you think you need to work with those artists to be successful in music, I can't help you.

You clearly haven't done any research, in the video he clearly states he can't even get ad revenue on most of his videos due to the way YT monities things and he uses copywrited songs in videos for education (just as you get with a music teacher in a paid environment).

I don't follow the guy, but have watched a handfull of his videos over the years.  Even with this limited exposure,  it seems you have cast judgement on what you don't know.

As for the titles, that video I linked also addresses that.

The guy is surprisingly knowledgable and a lot of what he is doing on YT is actually for 'free".    I'm betting you are not creating that level of content for free, if so please post it.    My .02.

Many  "Youtubers" make more money and provide more value to the musician at large popluation than bands do these days.    Think about the reach of 1.5M subscribers for a minute.  I don't subscribe to his channel, and yet I've also seen his videos.      Major TV stations don't even get that kind of viewship and enguagement.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

If you want to learn a lot about music, then both Rick Beato and Adam Neely are awesome resources.

The whole point is that NOBODY should be getting censored.  People should be allowed to disagree, but only after they've had a chance to see the subject matter (i.e., the agenda-approved opinion shouldn't be shoved down people's throats).

Edited by craigb
  • Like 4

Way to many Vanity U tube videos are posted by some of the content creators  mentioned in this thread ...and for the record I'm not cool w it ..

In my book your music and the way you play count's way more to me than what you have to say on any musical topic ....

I'm also not cool with u tube in general ...before u tube people used to make music . Now they make stupid videos on how to make music , or using gear or what ever ..

That would be OK on one level except most of these people start coming  off as if they are teaching Brain Surgery, yet none of them have been to medical school   ...

I guess they may have really taken the fake it to you make it pill  featured  the Matrix and believed in it's power .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, paulo said:

Not even "reacting to" videos?

Hard to conceive of a world that would be worse off without those.

Not too much different than how you just "reacted" to part of my post.  I'd say let them make the videos and then people could choose not to watch.  To me that's far preferable to having some ruling entity decide what's acceptable or not.  In this particular case, those making the decisions are the only ones benefiting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, craigb said:

To me that's far preferable to having some ruling entity decide what's acceptable or not. 

We certainly don't want facts getting in the way of people's opinions*.

* By which I mean, pumpkins.

Edited by Wibbles

9 hours ago, Wibbles said:

We certainly don't want facts getting in the way of people's opinions*.

* By which I mean, pumpkins.

From what I've read lately, that's not a problem since most people keep pushing "facts" that are almost exactly the opposite of reality (and obviously provided by mass media).

In some ways, I can't help but admire the brilliance of how people have been programmed to aggressively fight for exactly what will either end or enslave them.

• Like 1