Record latency adjustments

GB

Question

Just did the jump to the free Cakewalk, after a 10 year hiatus.  Been experiencing latency issues and I can't find a fix yet.

One ot the things that bugs me is Preferences/Sync and caching/Record latency adjustments goes by default to the speakers from my screen.  I change it to my Scarlett 18i6, click "apply" and it just always resets itself to my screen speakers (see picture).

Why can't I permanently assign it to my soundcard ?

Also, to fix my latency, I used a microphone to record the metronome coming out from my speakers so I could determine the amount of latency I have.  I was planning on applying an offset to the Record latency adjustment (see picture) but i doesn't offset anything.

Too bad my old trusty X1 is not compatible with Windows 10, I've lost 2 weeks of tweeking that I never experienced with a slower machine.

Record Latency Adjustment.PNG

4 answers to this question

If possible disable the NVIDIA HD Audio in Windows.

Use the ASIO driver supplied by Focusrite and set the driver mode to ASIO.

Based on the image CbB is not set to ASIO driver mode.

This is the first report I have read that claims X1 does not run in Win10. I did not bother to install X1 when I moved to Win10 several years ago but do have X2, X3, Platinum and CbB. Pretty sure some are still running Pre-X series SONAR on Win10.

1 minute ago, scook said:

This is the first report I have read that claims X1 does not run in Win10. I did not bother to install X1 when I moved to Win10 several years ago but do have X2, X3, Platinum and CbB. Pretty sure some are still running Pre-X series SONAR on Win10.

I have seen posts about 8.5.3 on Win 10

On 5/24/2020 at 9:47 AM, scook said:

Well XI had the same horrible latency and kept crashing.  I admit I assumed i wasn't compatible with Win10 but then again, the latest free version of Cakewalk keeps crashing too and the latency is really weird.  I'll try the ASIO again and try to tweek it to work more properly this time.  Thanks !