XLN Installer Update Available

cclarry

20 minutes ago, abacab said:

Or maybe MS just doesn't know how to upgrade Windows without changing the PC hardware ID?

Some truth there and this time they didn't mess up my home network requiring a roll back.   One system jumped from 1709 to 1809.

Only XLN and recently Audiomodern Riffer had issues.  At least XLN you don't have to contact support. If it were other software it be days reauthorizing crap.  Software with no machine limits don't seem to be bothered.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

Some truth there and this time they didn't mess up my home network requiring a roll back.   One system jumped from 1709 to 1809.

Only XLN and recently Audiomodern Riffer had issues.  At least XLN you don't have to contact support. If it were other software it be days reauthorizing crap.  Software with no machine limits don't seem to be bothered.

That's a big +1 for my iLok License Manager protected plugins. Same for Waves! :D

They take a Windows update in stride, and keep on rockin!

Just now, abacab said:

That's a big +1 for my iLok License Manager protected plugins. Same for Waves! :D

There's always hope MS will mess that up too.   I think I'd rather go back to buying an OS and getting services packs.  The DAW user is never 100% safe from the evoling OS in the Windows and Mac world.

29 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

There's always hope MS will mess that up too.   I think I'd rather go back to buying an OS and getting services packs.  The DAW user is never 100% safe from the evoling OS in the Windows and Mac world.

You could always spend your life forever tweaking Linux hoping to get a stable functioning DAW out of that instead!  xD

1 hour ago, abacab said:

You could always spend your life forever tweaking Linux hoping to get a stable functioning DAW out of that instead!  xD

There's never a shortage of delusional Linux users who will tell it already exists and use onboard sound because it works for them. I always want to be a fly on the wall when the major DAW developers bust a gut from laughing when someone asks, "please make a Linux version".

3 hours ago, abacab said:

XLN requiring an new authorization every windows update is out of control, but every single time the process worked for me as long as I have an internet connetion and can remember my login and password.

Waves on the other hand gives me problems every single time I buy a new plugin from them, without fail as it seems to require a Waves Central update and then along comes some problem along the way.  

On 2/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, Brian Walton said:

XLN requiring an new authorization every windows update is out of control, but every single time the process worked for me as long as I have an internet connection and can remember my login and password. 

I've had to reauthorize XLN AD2 only once after performing a Windows update.  After I removed my computer from the XLN website in order to reset my  AD2 computer's code and then adding it back again, my AD2 hasn't had any problems after performing Windows updates. 😎

4 hours ago, jesse g said:

I've had to reauthorize XLN AD2 only once after performing a Windows update.  After I removed my computer from the XLN website in order to reset my  AD2 computer's code and then adding it back again, my AD2 hasn't had any problems after performing Windows updates. 😎

for me only from time to time. No for all Windows updates. But it's easy to resolve.