Audio recording issue

brandon

Hi  _New to  CbB but not new to Cakewalk products. I recorded an audio track  which went fine using a condensor mic through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. When i tried to record a 2nd audio track in a new audio track using the same settings (i.e. 1st input and 1st output) from the Focusrite  there was just silence. No wav file was recorded.  Is this a feature or a bug?

In the past I have recorded many separate audio tracks using the same settings as the one before without  a problem.  I just wondered if i was missing anything.

Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by 1st output? 

Are you using ASIO mode? 

Yes if your plugged into the Scarletts Channel 1 you would choose that as the tracks input it will say left and channel 2 would say right. 

Activate the record button on the track and meter will move. 

The tracks output should be going to your Master buss. If you don't have one make one. 

One reason nothing will get recorded is if you set auto punch in points further down the timeline. 

14 hours ago, brandon said:

When i tried to record a 2nd audio track in a new audio track using the same settings (i.e. 1st input and 1st output) from the Focusrite  there was just silence. No wav file was recorded.  Is this a feature or a bug?

Have you selected the "1st input" as you call it, for the new track you want to record in? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 5:37 AM, John Vere said:

Not sure what you mean by 1st output? 

Are you using ASIO mode? 

Yes if your plugged into the Scarletts Channel 1 you would choose that as the tracks input it will say left and channel 2 would say right. 

Activate the record button on the track and meter will move. 

The tracks output should be going to your Master buss. If you don't have one make one. 

One reason nothing will get recorded is if you set auto punch in points further down the timeline. 

Hi - and yes am using ASIO mode. And ther eare no auto punch points set. When I say 1st Output I am sorry i should elaborate.

I recorded the 1st audio track using 'Left Focusrite USB ASIO Input 1'.  This recorded fine.

I then went to record a 2nd audio track using the same input as above. There was no recording just silence. In th epast on previous versions of CW I have used the same input to record all my audio tracks.  It therefore seems a little odd. So any possible explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks