Anyone here using Wavelab?

chris.r

Is there a way to send live input through a plugin in realtime in Wavelab? What would be the settings? I can make it to hear the live input but cannot send it to process through a plugin in realtime. Wondering if that's ever possible.

I know it's a Cakewalk forum but it's regarding testing both engines with a plugin. Hope someone chime in. Thx

Might be some additional buffers get involved for higher efficiency. This is what I'm trying to figure out but can't run a synth in Wavelab so the only way would be to pass audio through an effect. Let me try harder :D.

It's not a DAW, it's a wave editor. I've been using it since 2001. I have made many live recordings, cleaned up old tapes and LP's,,, millions of hours working with stereo audio tracks. But I'm unaware that you could insert a VST instrument. It does not speak midi at all.  You can use most VST effects but it's a bit fussy about that too. And it's made for adding those effects to a wave file. You can record and then add effects, but I'm sure there's no way to monitor effects while recording. Could be wrong but it's not what it is for. 

Edited by John Vere

OK I've got the answer, well partially. Had to create an account on the Steiberg forum. They have pointed me to where is the live input in wavelab. But I can't find it in my version and just realize I have the Elements. That might be the problem. Still waiting for a confirmation there, or here maybe...

Edited by chris.r