Keyboard shortcut for "Rename clip"?

GreenLight

Hi all!

Am I missing something or is it currently not possible to assign a keyboard shortcut for "Rename clip"? It would enhance workflow a lot if it was possible...

And is it just me, or is the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog in Preferences veeeery slow and jerky? It would be awesome if it could get some code optimization love. 😀❤️

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

This will be available in the next 2020.05 release.

@msmcleod Fantastic news, thanks for all your hard work! :D

While you're adding new keyboard shortcut targets, could you maybe add Archive Track as well? :) I don't mean to sound ungrateful though! :)

Edited by GreenLight

5 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

F2 I hope

As it stands it won't be bound to anything by default, but you'll be able to bind it yourself.

I've bound mine to ALT + F2 so it doesn't interfere with using F2 for renaming tracks.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, msmcleod said:

As it stands it won't be bound to anything by default, but you'll be able to bind it yourself.

I've bound mine to ALT + F2 so it doesn't interfere with using F2 for renaming tracks.

You have it bound already? Meaning that it is available in the EA release? Or is it just on your own, pre-release copy?

I cannot find any available bindings for "Rename" anything in Track view window of the bindings or any of the others.... (I'm on the EA release)

1 hour ago, winkpain said:

You have it bound already? Meaning that it is available in the EA release? Or is it just on your own, pre-release copy?

I cannot find any available bindings for "Rename" anything in Track view window of the bindings or any of the others.... (I'm on the EA release)

It's not in the EA release. It'll be in the main release.

• Thanks 1