SONiVOX Film Score Companion ($19.29)

mladi 72

Only $19.29 at pluginboutique (never seen this bundle so low in price!)

It's worth for their piano flagship "Eighty Eight Ensemble" alone imo.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1856-Film-Score-Companion

Content:

Orchestral Companion - Strings

Orchestral Companion - Brass

Orchestral Companion - Woodwinds

Eighty Eight Ensemble

Big Bang Cinematic Percussion

Edited by mladi 72

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm a fan of the Strings and Woodwinds as well, for $20, this is a lot of virtual instruments.

Indeed, pretty crazy value. I got these separately (on deals, but not as good as this one). The percussion library is notoriously buggy, but when it doesn't crash my DAW, I kinda' like it as well :) 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fitzroy said:

....... The percussion library is notoriously buggy, .......

I think that's why they reduce the price of this (BB cinamatic percussion) - Sonnivox won't (or can't) work out what the issue is.  For what it's worth, I sent Cakewalk support a ticket (with a crash dump) to see if they can do something (Of course, they might just say "not our problem"..... but you never know...)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

I sent Cakewalk support a ticket (with a crash dump) to see if they can do something

So the bugginess is of the crashing variety rather than the "this feature doesn't act right" variety.

Considering that the Orchestral Companion instruments that I have are bare bones players for well-known libraries (which is fine with me in this context), seems like they'd have to have really botched it to get crash bugs. At least the ones I have are very solid, never a crash in the years I've been using them. The only issue was with this odd note playback truncation when certain DAW's use them in loop playback mode. Mixcraft was susceptible to it, then they coded around it, Cakewalk has never suffered from it.

Thanks for speaking up. Unless people say something, unaware customers will keep giving companies money for crashy software and they will have less incentive to repair it.

I bought this some time ago for $20, but it was a waste of money. The samples are ok, but the VST plugins are horrible.
They are *very* memory intensive, and not multi-timbral. So if you score a 12-piece orchestra, you have to load 12 instances and might already run out of memory.
The mod wheel should do dynamics (according to the specs!), but it just doesn't do anything.
It regularly crashes my DAW (both Samplitude and Cubase, haven't tried it in Cakewalk yet).

Sonivox is aware of the problems, but they don't care about it. They just keep selling this stuff for low prices year after year, with the same bugs.

• Thanks 3