Staff View

Jerry Gerber

Question

Hello,

I am still running the final version of Sonar Platinum because, in the staff view, I can select a passage and right click to get the menu which allows me to make changes to the MIDI data (velocity, transpose, slide, etc.).  In the newest version of Cakewalk I have to press CTRL-right click to do the same thing.  I work almost exclusively in the staff view and event list and this one extra step will add a lot of time to my workflow. 

Any chance you can have the program revert back to the right-click only to call up the menu?

Thanks!

Jerry Gerber

www.jerrygerber.com

5 answers to this question

Jerry, I work exactly as you do. What I do is: I made keyboard shortcuts for Length, Velocity and Transposition. So, I just lasso the note or notes in staff view, hit L, T or V, and up pops the appropriate process. I also use Event List a lot, as you do. I find this a fast and easy workflow. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jsg said:

Yeah, I do that too.

1 is velocity, 2 is transposition, 3 is length and so on.   But I still prefer to right-click method because I can do it with only one hand, the hotkeys requires the other hand on the keyboard...

Ah, I gotcha. Little things like that might not seem like much to most users, but for those of us doing orchestration, they mean a lot. Hopefully the developers can help us out a little here...

If you can live without the middle mouse button (IOW clicking the mouse wheel) opening the HUD and don't mind running AutoHotkey adding the following to the default autohotkey script will  map the middle mouse button to CTRL+right mouse button when CbB has focus restoring the functionality you want.

#If WinActive("ahk_exe i)Cakewalk.exe")
MButton::^RButton
#If

There are other tools that do this as well. AHK is the one I use for a variety of tasks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

If you can live without the middle mouse button (IOW clicking the mouse wheel) opening the HUD and don't mind running AutoHotkey adding the following to the default autohotkey script will  map the middle mouse button to CTRL+right mouse button when CbB has focus restoring the functionality you want.

There are other tools that do this as well. AHK is the one I use for a variety of tasks.

thanks scook, but I already have the functionality I want!  😁.  I've resolved my issue with Sonar Platinum getting stuck in memory, and it's working absolutely beautifully now.   I will definitely considering upgrading when there are real improvements to the staff view.   Until then, good enough is good enough...