Bouncing/Exporting entire project

Gummi3ear

Question

Seems to be a crazy complex task to do in Cakewalk. You have to select this track, that is associated with 'that' track oh, and those other tracks also. Also, the non existent track has to be selected in order for 'Export' to properly function. Have a wonderful time! :D lol. Whereas, in most other DAWs, it's a key command and DONE. Seriously, no hate really lol but extremely annoying to have to trial an error something that shouldn't be this challenging, makes making music a HUGE task. I dread opening to work on possible music I have to spend a few hours trying to bounce down to a wav file. 

on a real note, here's the error I have gotten with literally every possible setting when going to 'Export' and then trying to play the .wav file on my PC.

Anyone??

2 months using Cakewalk so far and ...well, successfully bounced an unfinished project for test. all other projects got trashed due to discouragement of not even being able to move them into a file.

noname.png

1 answer to this question

SOLVED:

Come to find out soon after this post,

You have to of course have the channels all selected. Go to 'File'...'Export'...'Audio' and select where the audio will be located after finished. And of course, tweak bit rate settings, depth, Stereo/Mono and have 'Entire Mix' selected in the main drop down menu.

However, if you are making use of the arranger labels...do NOT have these highlighted as Cakewalk will disregard having your tracks 'Selected'

But, I do believe there is 'Arrangement' option when choosing what type of bounce/export is being processed.

STILL...this is definitly not a good program if you are just starting out making music (I'm not new to making music, just a grumpy artist who is beyond knowledgeable in using another DAW and is moving over to this one.)

Idc what anyone says, no DAW is the same. There, I said it. and you most certainly not going to change my mind! they are all good in their own right, but pick your poison Ig lol xD 

(I can sound like a D*ck at times...but very honest and opinionated)