Command centre

Hi ,  massive system crash so new PC  bought. All up and running my big issue is Command Centre no longer recognises my log in details and the password reset email never arrives. Spam folder checked too.  So how the hell can I retrieve my plugins, or is it loads of money waisted.  Gibson wankers have a lot to answer for, they buy a good company and screw it up same as their overpriced guitars.  Anyway had my moan any helpers please?

It was the topic of many threads when they pulled the plug. How will we be able to activate Sonar Splat and all our goodies once the server dies. 

Many plans of attack were devised by the old forum members. 

First off, a plea to 3rd party software companies resulted in us been given serial numbers and registration to unlock their products, example Overloud. I now have an account with them and I will always be able to load their software. All you had to do was send proof of ownership of Splat. 

Melodyn, XLN both use installers outside your DAW. 

Then we all made triple+ copies of the Command Center download folder which has installers for all of the Cakewalk VST's.  They have licences and serial numbers which we all copied from our account pages. The only one item that was not resolved was a way to activate Splat without the CCC and the server. There seemed no way around this as there was no chance Gibson would re do the activation code system. My solution was to install Splat to 5 or more computers. This would buy me time as it was unlikely all would die on the same day. The DAW back up most had a copy of was Sonar X3 which does not need a server to activate. Would be a bummer to go backwards but I would choose that over switching to another DAW which of course many did that cold December.

Then Bandlab bought Cakewalk and promised to keep the old Cakewalk servers going. So most stopped worrying about this issue.  So far so good. But it happened once, it could happen again. Bandlab could die and along with it all our activations too. 

I just re built 2 of my Computers to upgrade OS hard drives etc. Because I have everything backed up in triplicate including my serial numbers, log on info etc I had no problems re installing from the ground up. I have a master document stored on Dropbox , onedrive and a bunch of hard drives that has all my VST serials and account info. Including my old Cakewalk account. 

This stuffs worth a lot of money if I lost it all. I keep it safe. 

Edited by John Vere

• 8 months later...

I need to re-install SONAR and everything else onto a new computer.

When I go to Cakewalk/Command Center and click to download, nothing happens.

Command Center is still operating on the old system, but it would only install there, not on the new system.

Does anyone know if Command Center is still available?

Thanks,

Jim V

And to avoid re downloading and sitting there bored and waiting. Copy the content of the original Command Center Download folder to the new computer. Your instal will not need to re download the files and will very quickly proceed. The download folder is found in Program Data/  Cakewalk/Command Center 

Edited by John Vere

Hi, tried my username and password on command centre and no luck - even though I did sort the single log in arrangement years ago.

Command centre no longer recognizes anything either.

I have all the download files and serial and reg codes.... but will I be able to install Sonar Platinum?

On 1/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, jvaughan said:

I need to re-install SONAR and everything else onto a new computer.

When I go to Cakewalk/Command Center and click to download, nothing happens.

Command Center is still operating on the old system, but it would only install there, not on the new system.

Does anyone know if Command Center is still available?

Thanks,

Jim V

I found the same trying to download the  Command Center, so I right clicked the download and Open Link in New Tab allowed the download.

Cakewalk.JPG

I don’t even need the internet to rebuild my system.  But I think Splat needs to register on line still as that was built in at the time it was abandoned by Gibson.  The day Bandlab looses interest in keeping that server alive is the end of Splat. 

At this point not sure what would be missing from my set up without installing Sonar first