Heavyocity Scoring Guitars

cclarry

This looks interesting so I watched some videos on it. From what I saw, it looks like a library with ambience pads and a selection of phrases in Am and Em. Does anyone know if this means that any project I use it on needs to be in one of those keys, with the usual caveats of using phrase based libraries?

At least as far as the phrases go, yes.  Unless you use software like Melodyne to repitch them.  

A bigger problem for me with this library and with Vocalise is that the phrases are not tempo-synched to the DAW. 

There was enough complaining about this that Scoring Guitars 2 and Vocalise 2 are tempo-synched.  If I was starting out I'd go with them.  Half price sales happen pretty often with Heavyocity.  

But this is a really beautiful library.  I'm glad I have it.

• Thanks 3

One problem is that the phrases are only available in minor scales.

The loops are only recorded in 2 keys  but can be re-pitched manually. The interface is lot the best imho and a lot of folder browsing folders is required to access the individual loops for editing etc.

Good performances  but all together it doesn’t get much use here due to the above issues.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Joakim said:

The loops are only recorded in 2 keys  but can be re-pitched manually. The interface is lot the best imho and a lot of folder browsing folders is required to access the individual loops for editing etc.

Oh, I forgot that.  Haven't used it in a while.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt