Applying effects on a clip not working

Juanbanzai

Hi. I have a few vocal clips in my project that are a tad bass-heavy. I'm trying to right-click on the offending clips and use the "Insert Effect/Audio Effects/Sonitus EQ" function to drop the EQ effect on the clip to lower the bass response. While this is working, and I can see the "FX" indicator to the top right of the clip, the clip's audio isn't being routed to the effect and any changes I make aren't being made. I saw in the documentation that the effect be inserted or removed by pressing the effects on/off button, but if that's the button that can be see when you click on the "FX" button at the top-right of each clip, it's already turned on.

What am I missing?

If you have read everything on pp 853 of the Reference Manual then I don't have any other suggestions. You can also check in the inspector to see if the effect shows up in the clip's effect rack. Make sure the effect is not bypassed and make some extreme setting so you can really hear it.  You could also try to bounce the clip with the effect inserted and see if that affects the waveform that is presented as well.  

image.thumb.png.4e2eba108a396cc8069b980266c3c631.png

You can use the "Process Effect" option right click on the audio clip to open the dialog and look for it half way down. That will render the highlighted clip. You can use Undo if it sucks. But I've used this to get rid of a POP or mike stand thump.