GROOVE3 ( training ) .. any good? $100 PA offer at mo

aidan o driscoll

19 hours ago, S.L.I.P. said:

You may, or may not learn anything, but Eli's voice is so soothing that your stress level will come way down... I've never slept so well in my life...

This ^^^^^

I usually can't watch more than 20 mins before falling asleep.

I've said it before, he could make an absolute fortune with a bedtime stories subscription service.

"Parents - is your valuable evening "me" time being constantly eaten into by pesky kids who for the love of (insert deity of choice) just won't go to frickin' sleep? For a little more than what you're already paying for Netflix Uncle Eli will take care of it every single day, so do the right thing -  give him your card details and go get the corkscrew...... you know you wanna!"

• Haha 5

On 5/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

Well .. I have spent a bit of the avo here going through the ARTURIA DX7 V Explained by Tyler Coffin. Have to say I really like it. Even in that 2 hours I have picked up alot. Really enjoying the lessons where he construct some presets having earlier explained the various parts in the plugin:

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Arturia-DX7-V-Explained

So far so good .. on the 7 day trial

Day 2 of the 7 day trial. I decided to look at AAS Strum GS 2 ... in about 15 mins ( first few vids ) I learned a huge amount about how this VST works and the way to think about it .. from a guitarist perspective ( me, Im guitar background ). Very good tute this:

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/AAS-Strum-GS-2-Explained

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

I've subscribed to Groove3 since last year and it's a brilliant thing. Eli Krantzberg is amazing as pointed out by everyone here. But even others are great too. It has got everything from fundamentals like EQ, Compression, etc. to almost all concievable plugins and DAWs. Only thing is one must watch the videos and not procrastinate.

Only other tutorial series I like are Producertech, especially the Rob Jones tutorials which are super awesome and CreativeLive tutorials by Kenny Gioa and Graham Cochrane.

• Like 1