PA Weekend Warrior - Elysia Alpha Compressor

cclarry

38 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Don't forget the extra May voucher, if you haven't used it yet: MTFBWY25

Valid until May 31, minimum spend $39.

Good point, that's the one I used in the end. So my regular voucher is waiting for one more interesting $32-39 deal :)

• Like 1

Are there any uses that SPL Iron and the Alpha are particularly well suited for? e.g. is one better on the master bus, and one better on channel buses? Or any genre that one is better suited for? I hear that both are really good compressors - I'm just trying to figure out when it's better to use one over the other.

32 minutes ago, antler said:

Are there any uses that SPL Iron and the Alpha are particularly well suited for? e.g. is one better on the master bus, and one better on channel buses? Or any genre that one is better suited for? I hear that both are really good compressors - I'm just trying to figure out when it's better to use one over the other.

They are both Mastering Compressors...so highly adept at the job.  It all comes down to "preference"
for the task at hand.  As always, it's best to demo and determine if one brings something to the table
for YOU that the other doesn't, and whether to have one, the other, or BOTH.  It's another "tool" in the
toolbox!   BTW, Bapu's Toolbox is as large as an Ikea store....just FYI! 🤪

I have SPL Iron, Townhouse, and now the Alpha, and really like them. Each has its own distinct flavor. 

Of course we don't need all of them. That's a truism. The question is if you want/can stop getting them 😄

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

Don't forget the extra May voucher, if you haven't used it yet: MTFBWY25

Valid until May 31, minimum spend $39.

That brought it to $15.  That put me over. I grabbed it. Also the reviews on it indicate it’s a good one.

Thanks Pseudopop for that extra tip!

• Like 2