Will Omnisphere do everything that IK Syntronik will?

Leighton Cooper

I don't have Omnisphere, so can't really compare these two. But I do have Syntronik. And there is a free version of Syntronik available with 50 free presets that can give you an idea of what it is like. But with Syntronik you are just getting classic analog synth sounds. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/index.php?p=versions

Syntronik is a large sample library of iconic analog synths that have been meticulously sampled to recreate the best analog sounds from vintage synths.

Omnisphere should give you access to a much broader sonic palette, including many other types of synthesis besides analog subtractive. So I can imagine that they are not even close by comparison.

7 hours ago, Leighton Cooper said:

And if I had to choose between both which would be more flexible? 

If this is your only criteria - Omnisphere hands down.

As abacab says Omnisphere is a beast.

In terms of builtin library...
IK Syntronik - 2,000 patches
Omnisphere - 14,000 patches and a patch can have up to 10 oscillators.

But the real question to ask is what do actually need?
Omnisphere costs significantly more and just because it has 14,000 patches doesn't mean that that you're going to like or be able to use most of them.
I'd recommend you first check out a number of the many video demos for both synths and see if

1. you like what you hear and
  2. the synth is something that you can work with

if you like both synths and both look like they are manageable then maybe you should save up for Omnisphere.
But be honest with yourself and don't just get Omnisphere because it's bigger or more expensive.  I'm willing to bet there are a number of people out their who bought it and rarely use it because they just get lost in it. 

In regards to:
>Can I make the same instruments more or less in Omnisphere?
I'm not sure this is the right question.  Most people aren't that good that programming synths or rather spend their time making music as opposed to trying to learn. Can it be done? Probably Yes.  

But Omnisphere does contain a lot of classic sounds and you can probably find many of them buried in it's library.

Edited by TheSteven