Forum Requests

sjoens

1. Make BIGGER or bolder "Start new topic" and "Reply to this post" text on the orange button.

- Maybe all the forum text could be bigger as it's hard to see on a laptop.

2. Add a floating arrow button to expedite returning to the top of the page.

3. Add "Contributed to" to the SORT BY list so threads I contributed to move to the top of the list.

Edited by sjoens

So to stay signed in (as in avoiding signing in every time)  I must keep the asst running? That not real good.

Cannot see threads unless I sign in-except for LAST post..

Type and layout really leaves much to be desired.

OK so I know it's free. Does this mean I should settle? Well Ok I guess.

Just won't come here unless it is paramount. Sad, in the CW forum we good browse, read threads, learn, etc. 

Edited by Pathfinder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

So to stay signed in (as in avoiding signing in every time)  I must keep the asst running? That not real good. Cannot see threads unless I sign in-except for LAST post..

Type and layout really leaves much to be desired.OK so I know it's free. Does this mean I should settle? Well Ok I guess.

Just won't come here unless it is paramount. Sad, in the CW forum we good browse, read threads, learn, etc.

Use the choice to login with your bandlab account. You are just using it not running it.

The bandlab account login have a very small resemblence off the assistant login, but it is not the assistant. If you are using the assistant you are doing it wrong.

Not sure if it is a question or a request...

When old forum will be locked from making new posts, what will happen with "user participated" links? 

For example, if I want to access threads that I participated in old forum, I can access them now by a single link.. Link would look something like this:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Profile/123456789

Will this type of "Profile" link remain active when old forum will be locked?

If "search post by member" will be gone on old forum, I would like to request to  make "my posts"  access from old forum available on this.

Let me explain. I asked some questions which had pretty complex and interesting answers, which I revisit at times. Sort of my "personalized" manual. So one thing is to search among dozen of my own posts vs thousands... I hope that makes sense.

The old forums will be "frozen" in time (archived) and all links within them should still work.... but you won't be able to log on to it or access your account through it, so it's not likely you will be able to access your personal posts in one place like you can now.

Find them now and save them as a "Webpage, complete (*htm, *html)" on your computer. This is easy with IE but not so much with Chrome, etc.

Edited by sjoens

4 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I did select login with bandlab account . But it does not stick. Guess I am doing something wrong but I do not see what it is.

You should be able to see all posts EVEN when not signed in. What browser are you using? Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox...?

4 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I did select login with bandlab account . But it does not stick. Guess I am doing something wrong but I do not see what it is.

I can only come up with this known recommendation  not to use other browsers than Chrome.

It seems Bandlab works best with Chrome.

Looking at the forum on mobile, which is generally fine, I am missing where (or if) the button is to go to the last read post in a thread.  Like, I looked through 73 posts in a thread yesterday. I want to start at post 74 today. 

Am I just missing it? 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:02 PM, Cactus Music said:

4. Add an indicator that shows I posted in a thread, like the old forum did.

For me all threads I reply to have a star  instead of a dot.  •

I'm for this . Its very handy to see which thread one has posted in. 

So - nevermind my last request on this.  Just click the dot to the left of the topic and it will go to the "last read post" in the thread.  This is in both desktop and mobile.  It says that when you hover over it on desktop, which of course you can't hover on mobile.

• Like 1