Overloud TH-U is now available

Jim Roseberry

If you're into AmpSims, Overload has now released TH-U (update to TH-3).

https://www.overloud.com/products/th-u-full

There's a lot of cool new options/capabilities. 

One of the biggest being the Rig Player.  It's similar to a Kemper Profiling Amp.

For the time being, you can't create/load your own profiles (have to get them thru Overload), but hopefully they'll open up that process.

With a plethora of stock Amp models, the ability to load your own Cab IRs, the ability to load Rig profiles (Amp and Cab sections can also be used separately), and the ability to alter Tubes in the Pre/Power Amp sections of many models, TH-U is one deep AmpSim plugin.

Check out the demo...

I loaded it and had a go with some of the (few) included Rig profiles.  They sound/respond pretty good to my ears.

The SLO and Dumble models were also sounding pretty good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

There's a lot of cool new options/capabilities. 

One of the biggest being the Rig Player.  It's similar to a Kemper Profiling Amp.

For the time being, you can't create/load your own profiles (have to get them thru Overload), but hopefully they'll open up that process.

That's a little disappointing, but I plan to upgrade anyway.

I was happy to see they have an upgrade path from the full version TH-3 ($59 US).

Definitely check out the demo - there's another thread about the update under the deals forum and some are underwhelmed about acquiring this upgrade.

If you are planning on buying it...

If you're on Time+Space's mailing list check your email for a 10% off discount coupon code.
If you have Time+Space loyalty points you can drop the price further still.
https://www.timespace.com/products/overloud-th-u-full-guitar-amp-simulator?variant=20701205266545

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

1.0.0 -> 1.0.2
--------------
- Looper: added possibility to save the tracks to audio file
- Cabinet IR: added support for short IRs in WAV format which could lead to a crash
- Fixed a hang at startup that could happen under certain circumstances
- Fixed: effects now regain full opacity after being dragged
- Fixed: dragging a ZIP file that contains only a bank of presets now does not trigger the "Rig Model Library Installed" dialog window.

Hiya folks,

Is there any info about how (or if) the users of CbB could get this upgrade, and how much it may cost us? 

I tried emailing them, but the form asks me for the host I am using, and CbB is not an option in the drop-down host selections.

Free would indeed be nice, but honestly I am not a Sonar owner, so I don't expect a freebie...