Dimension Pro Questions

I had to purchase a new computer at about the same time Bandlab took over from Cakewalk. I had downloaded a number of the old Digital Sound Factory packs and used them with (I think) Dimension Pro. I'm not a heavy synth-based user but was needing some sounds on a project I'm working on and was surprised to find I no longer have a Dimension Pro or Rapture. The only thing that came with the BL version was TTS-1 which I've never cared for.  I tried to access my old account but that was a no-go as it wouldn't accept my password nor would it send me an email to reset it. 

So...

Is there a way to get Dimension or Rapture from my old machine to the new one? Would BandLab even recognize it?  Is Bandlab supporting the old accounts at all? Will the DSF packs work in anything else?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you created a Single Sign On account on the old Cakewalk site in late 2014 though 2017, support@cakewalk.com should be able to help you regain access to your account. User initiated password reset is not an option. Email is not available from the old Cakewalk servers.

If you were a SONAR Platinum/Professional/Artist user, you definitely have an SSO account. If you were are forum member in 2014-2017 you have an SSO account.

All of your old Cakewalk products are still available in that account.

Once you restore you old Cakewalk account access, Cakewalk Commend Center is the best way to download and activate DP and Rapture along with the other products from the SONAR Platinum/Professional/Artist era. Use the installers in your account for older Cakewalk DAWs and products that did not get command center installers.

All the plug-ins installed with the old 64bit Cakewalk DAWs including Dimension Pro and Rapture work in CbB.

Thanks! I emailed them and they reset my password to a temporary one and I was able to login and download Dimension. I do have another question though. Once I downloaded it and rescanned, Bandlab found it okay but it's asking me to register it. I went to Command Center and used my registration code. I copied it and pasted it into the registration dialogue and it's telling me it's an invalid registration and be sure to copy and paste exactly the way I received it from Cakewalk. Can I get a new registration code from Bandlab? No idea why the old one isn't working.

• Like 1

Yeah, the activation process for DP needs to write to a protected area of the registry. This part of the code was never updated to deal with security changes made in Windows Vista.

Running the standalone synth or the DAW as administrator allows the activation process to update the registry.

Once activated, there is no need to run as administrator.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, BigWhirl2012 said:

Thanks! I emailed them and they reset my password to a temporary one and I was able to login and download Dimension. I do have another question though. Once I downloaded it and rescanned, Bandlab found it okay but it's asking me to register it. I went to Command Center and used my registration code. I copied it and pasted it into the registration dialogue and it's telling me it's an invalid registration and be sure to copy and paste exactly the way I received it from Cakewalk. Can I get a new registration code from Bandlab? No idea why the old one isn't working.

I'm on a new computer and had an interesting experience trying to register Dimension Pro. I copied and pasted the registration code into Dimension Pro  several times and each time it said it was an invalid code. I manually typed it in and it registered with no problem.

• Like 1