Questions on how to use this forum

winkpain

Question

Is it proper for them to be asked here? If not, where? Are there forum administrators here?

Specifically, what is the official deal with uploading animated GIF videos to your post? I have done this many, many times, but lately I have been getting error messages and they won't upload. Then, hours or a day later they will. In every case they were small, below 1mb size files, and my "allowed" upload size is still over 4mb.

I was told at one point that videos/animations had to be added as URLs from offsite locations. I don't believe this is true because I have only ever uploaded as attachments, and I see many other posters doing so as well.  What, then, does it mean exactly to get the following when uploading a file....

Capture.thumb.GIF.2df93ef2e316bd1fd6af6e1dcafe7bdc.GIF

1 answer to this question

Being frustrated by this issue every day. Now I find that using the "Insert other media" button and "Image from URL" also refuses to work. I just get a permanently spinning  waiting icon and it won't post.

Simply adding the URL text into the body of the post works however. But what gives? It doesn't matter what browser I use.