Unable to find VST plugin

I'm having trouble adding my new VST plugin to Cakewalk (It's Layers by Orchestral Tools using their SINE player).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and the correct VST paths are being scanned in Cakewalk. Has anyone had this problem before or would know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

Did you select the installation path or let the installer do it? If you can  locate the folder and see the plugin in the folder this would not be the problem. There are some folders that look similar but aren't , for instance there is often a VST folder located under X86 Program files and a second location in Program files. X86 is typically where older of 32 bit versions of plugins were installed. Installer would have likely put this somewhere under Program Files. 

Have you tried looking under "insert" heading instead of looking in synth pane on the right?? 

https://youtu.be/0T8BdlnNEmQ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Calum Findlay @Starise I'm having a similar issue...my .dll plugins from a previous version of Sonar aren't being recognized. Just installed Cakewalk on a new computer, and I copied the .dlls over. I've done all the things suggested in threads, moved and replaced them, made sure I'm targeting the paths where the plugins are, etc. No sign of them. Anyone have any idea what to do next??

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but if you manually copied them as opposed to letting an installer do it, this might be your issue. I would opt to let the installer from the plug in maker add the plug in along with any accreditation you need to use the plugin. TBH I haven't touched the SINE player or any of its plugins in quite awhile.

• Like 1