Does It Make You Happy

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a new track on a new album I'm working on called "The Westerly Sessions Vol. I". Any comments and critiques are welcome. 

By the way, I sang the lead vocal with an AT4040 through a Warm Audio Tone Beast (I just bought it used recently - I really like it).  The acoustic guitar is a Guild OM-140 recorded with a Studio Projects B1 mic. The lead guitar is a Fender Strat through THU. The drums are EZDrummer.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14050133

Edited by Douglas Kirby
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Hi Everybody,

This is a new track on a new album I'm working on called "The Westerly Sessions Vol. I". Any comments and critiques are welcome. 

By the way, I sang the lead vocal with an AT4040 through a Warm Audio Tone Beast (I just bought it used recently - I really like it).  The acoustic guitar is a Guild OM-140 recorded with a Studio Projects B1 mic. The lead guitar is a Fender Strat through THU. The drums are EZDrummer.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14050133

Good job on this Douglas.

• Like 1

Hi Douglas

Good job - the sound on the vocals is good through that Warm Audio Tone Beast - for years I've always tracked vocals etc using an external front end - I use here in South Africa an old Focusrite - really think it makes a difference

Cheers

Nigel

Bajan Blue - thanks for giving my song a listen - yeah I like the Tone Beast - I've only had it a couple of months so I'm still learning how to use it properly.

Wookiee - Thanks for listening and for commenting. 

bjornpdx - Thanks for giving my song a listen, I appreciate it.