Grouping 2 or more tracks

tomixornot

Question

Question 1:
Is there a feature to group up 2 or more tracks, so that moving 1 track will move the rest of the grouped track(s) together.

Question 2:
If there is, how many group can CnB register so that user don't have to re group manually separate groupings.

This is more towards free flow editing where clips do not specifically quantize on the exalt bar, such as (audio for) movie editing. 

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, tomixornot said:

Question 1:
Is there a feature to group up 2 or more tracks, so that moving 1 track will move the rest of the grouped track(s) together.

Question 2:
If there is, how many group can CnB register so that user don't have to re group manually separate groupings.

This is more towards free flow editing where clips do not specifically quantize on the exalt bar, such as (audio for) movie editing. 

Thanks!

Good morning - 

The Drag/Move operation to relocate a track, above or below other tracks,  only directly operates on a single track, HOWEVER, there IS a way to move multiple tracks - that does still include the Drag/Move operation.  Steps to follow:

1) Insert a track folder

2) Either click-drag or ctrl-click the tracks you want to group together and move, so that all of them are highlighted (quick-grouped)

3) Right-click on any of the highlighted tracks, and click on Move to Folder - then select the new track folder you had just created in step 1.

4) Now, do the Drag/Move operation, to  position the track folder's new location above or below where you want all of these tracks to be relocated.  To peform the Drag/Move operation, I position the mouse to the right of the track folder's name, and when the mouse is properly positioned, it will change to a double-arrow, pointing up and down.  Then, hold the left-click button on the mouse, and drag up or down, to position the little line you will see appear, until that line is in the position between where you want the track folder to be relocated to, and that will move the track folder, and all the tracks within it, to the new location.

As far as your second question goes - I am not aware of any limit on how many tracks can live within a single track folder, and since all the tracks in a given track folder will relocate with the track folder when you move it, I think the above seems to address accomplishing wat you seek.  If not, then I think you would have to Drag/Move each track individually.  Using the track folder approach, while adding a track folder, is the quickest way of moving multiple tracks that I am aware of, so hopefully that will work for you. :)

Hope that helps

Bob Bone